Throwdown thai pads

koreankid6413

Brown Belt
Reaction score
So i ordered a pair of thai pad from titleboxing, 16 inches long 8 inches wide 4 inches thick but they're out of stock. The next pair they said they had in stock were the throwdown pro thai pads, 16 inches long 8 inches wide 2.5 inches thick.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with these pads and if you think the 1.5 inches will cause more impact and strain on the holder?

Here they are and thanks in advance
Throwdown Pro Thai Pad from Title Boxing

I was curious about this aswell, some people complain about Fairtex standard thai pads on here (but end of the day it will condition your arms to take kicks in a fight), and those are 3.5 inches, so I would imagine that even if its high density you might be weary of those pads, but I can't say for sure, I would suggest spending the extra 30 bucks and grabbing the twins thai pads if your buying from titleboxing.com (large are $110 for 16X8X4), they have velcro (for comfort) and buckle (for durability)

I say that you get what you pay for with thai pads. I bought some synthetic leather ones from CSI because they were on sale but they're crap. A few sessions in and they were bowed really bad and split down the side.

I would be wary of any pad that is only 2.5" thick. Just my opinion.

yea i decided just to wait it out til the next order comes in and not get the throwdown pads

i usually buy higher quality thai ones but these are just for a friends so i figured i'd have him try these out and get a review from them

Also depends on how much you'll be training and the intensity of the training. Also if your a good pad holder and know how to catch you should be good with 2.5 inch.

I personally have the classic pads with the 4 inch thickness and there awesome and can take a serious beating.

I do like using smaller and thinner pads sometimes for the mobility and weight though.

When I was at UFC 83 I was in the training room when GSP and his camp were training. They were using the smallest focus mitts and thai pads made. They were working speed and not power. I want to get some of the tiny ass pads for our school but the Throwdown ones are bigger then what GSP was using.

SSFgear.com; the best gear at the best price.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back