Throwdown Gel Handwraps

ich1ban

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
tdgelhw.jpg

What you guys think? It's got: A full 135" of elastic wrap supports the sleeve and secures the rest of the hand and wrist

Should I try this out or just stick to regular handwraps?

personal opinion garbage, you want to feel your punch, the jel wrap makes your punches feel soft..same with jel bag wraps (thing that goes around a heavy bag for softer punching) why would u want to punch soft, if it hearts to punch then u need to get used to that...

Owner of my gym swears by those. I've never used them before, but i like anything that makes my knuckles hurt less so i can train twice a day instead of once. Also, in case you didn't know, you can't use those in mma gloves, only boxing gloves.

I've always heard that those are shit and just stick with mexican handwraps. But I never tried them.

just use regular wraps it'll give you more wrist protection and are probably cheaper as well

Owner of my gym swears by those. I've never used them before, but i like anything that makes my knuckles hurt less so i can train twice a day instead of once. Also, in case you didn't know, you can't use those in mma gloves, only boxing gloves.

Why is that?

I would assume that it is an issue with the fit (or lack there of)

They're practically the size of an mma glove. You'd have to order a glove like twice as large as you're used to (with reg 180 in there) to fit those suckers in. They just don't feel right either. When you wear them you get the impression they might be better if the gel was sewn into your mma glove instead of being a stand alone handwrap. That's just my opinion, title and everlast has them listed as their top sellers.

They're practically the size of an mma glove. You'd have to order a glove like twice as large as you're used to (with reg 180 in there) to fit those suckers in. They just don't feel right either. When you wear them you get the impression they might be better if the gel was sewn into your mma glove instead of being a stand alone handwrap. That's just my opinion, title and everlast has them listed as their top sellers.

thanks for the info

actually at my old club (no longer at that club because i moved to a different city) we had a kid come in to train during MMA class...and he brought those everlast gel handwraps...no big deal...until he informed us that those where his "gloves"...

needless to say we loaned him some "training gloves" until he could get some actual training gloves:icon_chee

thanks for the info

actually at my old club (no longer at that club because i moved to a different city) we had a kid come in to train during MMA class...and he brought those everlast gel handwraps...no big deal...until he informed us that those where his "gloves"...

needless to say we loaned him some "training gloves" until he could get some actual training gloves:icon_chee

O man I would have keeled over from laughing cramps if I saw that. I would have asked him to go uppercut an uppercut bag. See how it feels.

I like Ringside's power wraps with the Neoprene in them for heavy bag workouts, but other gimmicky wraps are all junk.

Remember that the primary purpose of a wrap is not to absorb shock, but to hold the bones of your hand in place. Those sorts of wraps don't do that.

Back