Throwback wrestlers: Ultimate Warrior

SamSchmidt

I crossed time for you belt
Banned
Reaction score
TUW appreciation thread.

I grew up on this guy, Hulk, Sgt Slaughter etc. I know you guys have probably done tons of these threads but I gotta say. When I remember my childhood I just remember that rope shaking. Whatever he became later in life he brought an intensity to this sport, (yeah I said it) that has not been replicated since.

RIP
giphy (9).gif

If your 35-40. Who did you grow up on?

(I was a dumb kid so bear with me)

Back in the day....
Several parents said UW was on steroids, and D.A.R.E said drugs are bad, and he beat Hogan at WM6, so I was rooting for Savage to retire him at WM7.

(I was a dumb kid so bear with me)

Back in the day....
Several parents said UW was on steroids, and D.A.R.E said drugs are bad, and he beat Hogan at WM6, so I was rooting for Savage to retire him at WM7.
il_794xN.1583621070_8ly8.jpg

As a kid, I was as big a Warrior fan as anyone else. Heck, he and Hogan were neck and neck for me. The first PPV I saw was WM6 and I was HOOKED. There's no if, ands, or buts, Warrior was the man that all the little kids loved. It was him and Hogan.

Sad to say, by the time I was 10, I was no longer a big Warrior/Hogan mark anymore. Still fans but no longer marking out like crazy but those were good times for me

As a kid I loved him, he had that crazy energy that resonated with me. Leading up to the match with Hogan, there were shoving matches at school about who would win and was the best. Good times.

the character was super cool and his intensity and look drew people in for sure. As far as an in ring performer everyone knows he wasnt much but what he lacked in wrestling ability he made up for in character and his wild promos. I personally enjoyed his videos and motivational work in his later years, you could tell the man was very passionate about life in every aspect and making the most of anything you do as well as inspiring others to do the same. It's a shame he passed at a young age r.i.p warrior

the character was super cool and his intensity and look drew people in for sure. As far as an in ring performer everyone knows he wasnt much but what he lacked in wrestling ability he made up for in character and his wild promos. I personally enjoyed his videos and motivational work in his later years, you could tell the man was very passionate about life in every aspect and making the most of anything you do as well as inspiring others to do the same. It's a shame he passed at a young age r.i.p warrior
I saw something where they talked shit about him behind the scenes saying he blew all his energy on his entrance and they had to carry the rest of the fights.

I’m 33. Warrior, Hulk, Papa Shango, Big Boss Man Demolition and the Natural Disasters... corny as it seems now it was awesome as a kid.

I saw something where they talked shit about him behind the scenes saying he blew all his energy on his entrance and they had to carry the rest of the fights.
I saw a shoot interview about this. Warriors reply apparently was “fuck you, you do what I do in the entrance and go out and wrestle a 30 minute match... not happening”

I’m 33. Warrior, Hulk, Papa Shango, Big Boss Man Demolition and the Natural Disasters... corny as it seems now it was awesome as a kid.
34 and quoted for the MF’en truth

Total Ultimate Warrior fan as a kid.

Why?......

1*T6CYFDGIDeBOecfdVn0YTw.jpeg

That's why

Reposting because I'm lazy and too Scott Hall to be Jim Hellwig again. This was for a certain someone who was feeling a little morose by the lack of Warrior in 2019, so for all you "young boys" who were in love w/ the muscled up freak, this is for you, w/ much love...

"Go out to your porch. Grab the railing. Shake the fuck out of it and howl to the warriors in the heavens and beyond, cruising by pluto through hyperdimensional portals as the roaring echo of all the descendants who carried the blood coursing through their bursting veins creating an aura of destruction and pain the likes of which have never been felt in all dimensions from eternity to mt. Olympus and beyond and thats when I look around at all the warriors beside me and see the hunger and the determination and the fight in their eyes and hearts and a switch turns on inside and I remember what the old ones said about the ways long forgotten by the common men but never lost to those with souls who can reach the heights by harnessing the fury of yesterday buried deep inside the caverns and temples which make up this warrior body which is commanded by space and time and matter and the essence of the juggernaut cascading through fountains......

...and as I look and dream though time and think about the fortunes that have yet to fall into my grasp I ponder on the thing matters most to the balance of the universe, where worlds collide and the universe tears apart at the core when the power becomes too much for even titans to maintain and thats whe I feel the power flowing through me and I know that I am the chosen one because the gods have commanded that the heavens open up and relay unto me the thunder and the lighting and all the powers of Zeus and the gods that came before because they knew the coming of the warrior could not be denied and no matter how much they plotted against the will of the planets there was never any other galactic expectation beyond total anihilation of my adversaries at SummerSlam....

Never liked Warrior as a child of the 80s, like him even less now. He's a shit wrestler who just used the business to get famous and make money elsewhere. And he was a fucking nutjob.

TUW appreciation thread.

I grew up on this guy, Hulk, Sgt Slaughter etc. I know you guys have probably done tons of these threads but I gotta say. When I remember my childhood I just remember that rope shaking. Whatever he became later in life he brought an intensity to this sport, (yeah I said it) that has not been replicated since.

RIP
View attachment 556979

If your 35-40. Who did you grow up on?

Bret Hart
Mr. Perfect
Razor Ramon
Ultimate Warrior

Survivor Series 1990 is one of my favorite PPVs of all time.

As a kid, I was as big a Warrior fan as anyone else. Heck, he and Hogan were neck and neck for me. The first PPV I saw was WM6 and I was HOOKED. There's no if, ands, or buts, Warrior was the man that all the little kids loved. It was him and Hogan.

Sad to say, by the time I was 10, I was no longer a big Warrior/Hogan mark anymore. Still fans but no longer marking out like crazy but those were good times for me
I was the biggest fan of those two! Just obsessed. But then the attitude era started and I couldn’t believe how entertaining degeneration x and stone cold and the rock became! Suddenly “eat your vitamins” and rope shaking just became boring to “suck it”, middle fingers and the rock insulting everyone

Fuck I think my warrior wrestling buddy is still floating around here somewhere

Even among all the cocaine fueled wrestling promos of the 80's...Warrior stood out from the pack...and as a kid I thought there was something seriously wrong with him and he was on drugs.

Back