Media Throwback when Overeem mauled Cro Cop and his balls

This was a very unsatisfying period of Mirko's career. Not only did he lose alot of fights,but they werent entertaining fights either. Even when he won!

The Reem match really was the point were I think it became clear he was in decline, you could maybe write the UFC results off as bad adaptation to the environment, a great Gonzaga performance and Kongo cheating but he just looked physically and mentally below par vs Overeem here.

I do think though that Overeem was definately bouncing back at this point even before he really became "Uber".

Slowly developing into uber at this stage. I didn't look it up but think he was around 240 there

CroCop lucked out, nut shots or not, he was going to get destroyed that fight.
If i remember correctly he was getting worked over pretty hard. I think a lot or tko loss was in the near future if that fight didn't stop there.

This was bad but Reem would murder that Cro Cop and the dude is my hero...
Still those Kongo low blows were intentional as fuck...and Mirko was looking equal atleast until Kongo started kneeing in the nuts like crazy.
CC was robbed.

CroCop lucked out, nut shots or not, he was going to get destroyed that fight.

Not necessarily. Reem was known to have a bad gas tank. The fight easily could have ended like the bigfoot-reem fight. One of the reasons why so many nut shots occured was likely not due to any malicious attempt, but he probably started fading and couldn't knee high enough.

Just make nutshots legal and have done with the what-ifs and the shoulda-coulda-wouldas. The nuts are a part of the body and need to be available in an all-out fight.

<6>
Just make nutshots legal and have done with the what-ifs and the shoulda-coulda-wouldas. The nuts are a part of the body and need to be available in an all-out fight.

Back