Throwback: the DC and Jones interview

"I've always been a person who tries to do the right thing in life, for the most part. I'm no angel, but I was always the kid who snitched on the kids who had pot. I don't want to offend the pot smokers out there, but I was kind of just a snitch. I was just down for people doing the right thing. My parents kind of raised me to be a good guy. I've always been down for the good side, I guess."
- Jon Jones, 2010

That was when I figured out this guy was full of crap. Amazing fighter though.

Literally nothing has changed with Jones for a decade... 'Cept, he's a lot less dominant in the ring than before.

This is true, Rashad called him out hard.
People forget (or just haven't been watching long enough)

I remember that, and at the time I thought Rashad was butthurt about the same-camp situation. I didn't know much about Jones at all except his fights inside the ring. I thought he was a cool guy with serval cats.

By the time of the DC interview it was pretty clear to me that Jones was an ass, but Sherdog and the MMA world seemed to think "you still there pussy" was the all-time GOAT trash talk line. Thank god Nate Diaz and "touch-butt in the park" knocked it out of the #1 spot.

People have been calling Jones fake and piece of shit since 2011.
None of this is new lol.

But the "you still there pussy" line was the coming out party to the casuals

I posted this already in the other main thread.

it’s amazing how Cormier won at life and being a human being. Sitting next to one of the biggest cheats in the sport.

DC called him out for being fake since day one. Jones is one of the scummiest fighters on the roster because he pretends to be a good wholesome guy.

I'd trust a guy like Mike Perry over Jon Jones anyday. Jones is just absolute gutter trash

Back