Throwback Discussion. Amir Khan vs Lamont Peterson

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by XThe GreatestX, Aug 9, 2015.

1. XThe GreatestX

XThe GreatestX Silver Belt

For those who haven't seen the fight here are the HBO highlights and both of them giving their commentary on it. Happened in 2011. But anyways agree with the scorecards and what the ref did here?

2. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

The second point deduction was pretty iffy but nah, I had no problem with it. Khan was fouling Peterson all night long in a way that kept Peterson from working legally. The ref did warn Khan multiple times.

It was close but I don't really think the decision was all that controversial.The only reason people questioned it was because it was in Peterson's back yard. People are always looking for bias in fights like that.

3. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

4. The Can Opener

The Can Opener Brown Belt

Good fight and I don't think there was any problem with the second point deductions. Too many refs are afraid to do anything in the championship rounds especially in the final round when it really needs to be treated like any other round to be fair. Khan was a fouling machine that entire fight. He was pushing the guy away more often then Klit pushes his opponents down. Which is a hell of a lot. He was warned all night and didn't stop. He got what he deserved.

5. MeGaMaNx18

MeGaMaNx18 Brown Belt

Helluva fight..def close and I thought the deductions were excessive..still that khan won though..didn't Peterson piss hot after the fight?

6. Seano

Seano Hands of bone

Not after the fight but before the rematch.

7. SuwoopBangin

SuwoopBangin Praise Be Unto The Based

Justified point deductions. Khan still can't fight on the inside.

8. Confucamus

Confucamus Last of the V8s Platinum Member

Khan was fast as hell in this fight. Too bad he doesn't fight like this anymore. He really was at his best under Roach.

9. xP

xP Silver Belt

It was a really good fight and I was fine with the outcome. Typical Khan fight in that it started out with Amir lighting him up but Peterson adapted and walked him down a lot. Khan would have likely caught a beating or at least got hurt if he didn't foul as much as he did to escape the inside.

10. The Can Opener

The Can Opener Brown Belt

I had that same argument with a friend right after the fight. He was adamant that the point deductions ruined Khan's chance to win and I said the fouls had the same effect on his opponent and were ruining his chance to win in almost every round.

11. ironfist05

ironfist05 Silver Belt

I thought Khan won it

I miss the old Khan though. The guy who was willing to face anybody at 140 on his way to greatness, not the guy who refuses to face anybody hoping that Mayweather fights him. If May and Pac retire, I hope Khan can keep his career going because I think we'll see his balls return out of necessity.

He's also devolved a bit as a fighter IMO, though he looked good against Collazo and Alexander