International Three rockets make a direct hit on the U.S. embassy in Baghdad

Aren't you just a pos.

No, I don't think so. If you go, invade and occupy another country for some oil tycoon I have a hard time trying to sympathise. A real "pos" is one who can't see it from the other side. If someone invaded your country and started looting it I think many would(not you as you're soft and weak) retaliate violently. We should expect the same if we do it other countries, it's all in the game. Although those who are on the ground are the lowest of our society, not a big loss.

Not a good look for the US at all.

And if he does, I'm sure you'll post your full support for the poor Iranians.

God damn right I will.

Rather be an Iranian firster, than a Saudi firster.

Zero fucks given to your disapproval.

Our embassy gets bombed over a war Trump starts and nobody cares...

How surprising

How surprising

What war???

giphy.gif

They sign up voluntarily and get paid. They're serving corporate interests so I can't feel bad if they get blown to bits.

No, I don't think so. If you go, invade and occupy another country for some oil tycoon I have a hard time trying to sympathise. A real "pos" is one who can't see it from the other side. If someone invaded your country and started looting it I think many would(not you as you're soft and weak) retaliate violently. We should expect the same if we do it other countries, it's all in the game. Although those who are on the ground are the lowest of our society, not a big loss.
That is exactly what I meant. It's not like the English that wanted to fight Nazis during the WWII (they had a legitimate reason to want to fight Germans). If someone in Ohio enlists to go and occupy a random country, I have absolutely no sympathy for him. I actually think he's getting what he deserves.

"Of five rockets fired, three made a direct hit on the US embassy in Baghdad."

"The rocket fire comes two day after thousands massed in Baghdad in response to a call by populist cleric Moqtada Sadr for a rally to demand the ouster of US troops from Iraq. Around 5,200 US troops are in Iraq to lead a global coalition fighting the Islamic State group, but Iraq said the strike against Soleimani violated that mandate. Parliament earlier this month urged the departure of US troops from Iraq, which has been gripped by anti-government protests since October."

Story: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...l-security-sources/ar-BBZlxts?ocid=spartanntp

wait...Katyusha? So is the glorious soviet army from ww2 attacking?

How surprising
I was wondering this as well. Bombing an embassy truly is an act of war. But, there is very little news covering this story. The news cycle is being dominated by:

-Coronavirus
-Kobe
-Impeachment

That is exactly what I meant. It's not like the English that wanted to fight Nazis during the WWII (they had a legitimate reason to want to fight Germans). If someone in Ohio enlists to go and occupy a random country, I have absolutely no sympathy for him. I actually think he's getting what he deserves.

My grandad faced Hitler's blitz and later joined the fight to defend his homeland. He had a cause to die for. What does the modern soldier fight for? Some Middle East dictator looking to suppress his people or to further enrich some billionaire.
They're no heroes. A hero is someone like a doctor who saves lives, not take them by shooting innocents. Or a teacher who changes a life. Going to some developing country and then shooting and bombing them into destruction is in no way admirable. It's barbaric.
However, I'm indifferent to what happens to them, rather wishing ill on them. Whether they come back in one piece or in a body bag they know what they signed up for(Trump quote). These people end up killing themselves because they later find out themselves. It all comes in a circle.

My grandad faced Hitler's blitz and later joined the fight to defend his homeland. He had a cause to die for. What does the modern soldier fight for? Some Middle East dictator looking to suppress his people or to further enrich some billionaire.
They're no heroes. A hero is someone like a doctor who saves lives, not take them by shooting innocents. Or a teacher who changes a life. Going to some developing country and then shooting and bombing them into destruction is in no way admirable. It's barbaric.
However, I'm indifferent to what happens to them, rather wishing ill on them. Whether they come back in one piece or in a body bag they know what they signed up for(Trump quote). These people end up killing themselves because they later find out themselves. It all comes in a circle.
I do agree with one thing you mention.

For some reason, "serving your country" has become a lexicon monopolized by the military. We even call those employed by the Department of Defense "service members".

Now, I absolutely agree that soldiers, sailors, Marines, and airmen serve their country. But, so do teachers, doctors, kids that shovel their neighbors driveway after a snow storm, Peace Corp employees, State Deparment Officials, people that volunteer at homeless shelters, librarians, inventors, farmers, etc.

Why have we as a society equated "service" exclusively for those who joined the military?

Seriously, nobody cares?
I have a feeling that under Obama, this thread would be at ten pages by now

First off...serious props and respect to your Grandad.

Otherwise, seriously, fuck off with this bullshit. Just because there's no Nazi invasion or constant bombarding of the US doesn't mean that our country is safe. You obviously haven't served a day in your life so you know jack shit about why people enlist, or how they feel about their service. For a country to continue to experience peace there will always be a need for force, or a even a projection of force. If the fucking Brits had done this, rather than appeasing Hitler, maybe...just fucking maybe he wouldn't have been so emboldened to start bombing them. Instead they appeased him and looked like push-overs, and unfortunately it took them too long to build an army strong enough to defend their borders.

I've been to Iraq quite a few times and I've seen the oppression imposed by Saddam. I also saw the murals at the Iraqi military bases depicting planes with Iraqi flags on them running into the Twin Towers. We can indefinitely debate who was responsible for 9/11, but when you see shit like that in Iraq (this was in Baghdad) it makes one want to jump down the throat of people like you who spout off at the mouth when you have no fucking clue.

First off...serious props and respect to your Grandad.

Otherwise, seriously, fuck off with this bullshit. Just because there's no Nazi invasion or constant bombarding of the US doesn't mean that our country is safe. You obviously haven't served a day in your life so you know jack shit about why people enlist, or how they feel about their service. For a country to continue to experience peace there will always be a need for force, or a even a projection of force. If the fucking Brits had done this, rather than appeasing Hitler, maybe...just fucking maybe he wouldn't have been so emboldened to start bombing them. Instead they appeased him and looked like push-overs, and unfortunately it took them too long to build an army strong enough to defend their borders.

I've been to Iraq quite a few times and I've seen the oppression imposed by Saddam. I also saw the murals at the Iraqi military bases depicting planes with Iraqi flags on them running into the Twin Towers. We can indefinitely debate who was responsible for 9/11, but when you see shit like that in Iraq (this was in Baghdad) it makes one want to jump down the throat of people like you who spout off at the mouth when you have no fucking clue.

I think morons like you were the types of people Danny was referring to. If you were part of a force that invaded, bombed, tortured countless Iraqis, which in turn led to the destruction of the country - maybe show some humility and regret.

The fact that you don’t just shows how complete your indoctrination is. You can commit all types of evil around the world but it’s all good because you’re the “good guys”. The cult of American Exceptionalism has another volunteer to be used as cannon fodder.

Arent you assuming these men and women see it the way you do or even fully understand it the way you do?

I get having feelings towards those who get us into wars but hating the soldiers themselves seems terrible.

Aren't you just a pos.

Do you think there is a difference between saying "I support the troops" and "I support all US military operations"?

If so, what is that difference in your opinion?

Arent you assuming these men and women see it the way you do or even fully understand it the way you do?

I get having feelings towards those who get us into wars but hating the soldiers themselves seems terrible.
It’s what happens when little boys are allowed on the internet
Is normal
Why acknowledge them

Back