Three quick reasons for Barao's failure

Are kickboxing fundamentals that difficult for you to grasp?

I'm sorry man, but even if Barao had you in his corner (lulz) he still gets beaten by the TJ that showed up last night.

It's not a big deal, you wanted to make a thread to show off your armchair coaching skills, it didn't go over well and now you are upset.
These are the heavies, we understand. Just try not to let it happen to often, we get a lot bad threads around here already.

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/showpost.php?p=95240915&postcount=86
At the level of athletics that Ronda is at, she generates more power striking, wrestling, and grappling than a 240lb bodybuilder. The movement patterns trained as a fighter are far different than those trained in a gym. The kinetic chaining involved in MMA and the level of kinetic chaining mastered at the higher levels make professional fighters perform like street fighter characters against the average human.

I thought I remembered TS.

Weirdo watches too much naruto.

I hopped on hoping to drop some knowledge on a forum devoid of anything but trolls and children. Unfortunately even the concept of different distances and straight strikes versus arcing strikes goes over your collective heads.

But I'm sure SPEED!!11!1! is why TJ won. That's exactly it.

Speed, preparation, and execution.

Basically, he was the superior fighter, and you can't accept that.

If Glover Teixeira had simple employed more kickboxing fundamentals he would have dominated Jones easily.

See guys? I'm a fight guru too!

Yes kickboxing fundamentals is the same as aspiring to guru status.

When you figure out the concept of range and the idea of a straight strikes versus an arcing strike, please come back.

I agree Maxwell on Barao's mistake of not using straight kicks and stepping jabs against the out of boxing range Dillashaw.His corner actually instructed him to use the jab and kicks but he paid him no mind because Barao,at that point was fighting on pure instinct.It must have something to do with the thunderous initial overhand right Dillashaw hit him with in the first round.
In my opinion it all comes down to Barao having no plan B and C coming into the fight and chose to sit on his laurels,a sign of an overconfident fighter.

The few problems with Renan's striking have always been there. He tends to over-commit to his strikes. When he punches, he extends himself and leans way forward. TJ's feints allowed him to goad Barao into opening up and leaving opportunities for counters.

Plus, he's just noticeably faster.

I thought I remembered TS.

Weirdo watches too much naruto.[/QUOTE]

No such thing as too much Naruto, I can get JDS to back me up on that. I still stand by my statement. Ronda generates more force and power in sports specific movements than a 240lb bodybuilder would if he the bodybuilder attempted those sport specific movements.

I hopped on hoping to drop some knowledge on a forum devoid of anything but trolls and children. Unfortunately even the concept of different distances and straight strikes versus arcing strikes goes over your collective heads.

But I'm sure SPEED!!11!1! is why TJ won. That's exactly it.

5gN34mj.jpg

The few problems with Renan's striking have always been there. He tends to over-commit to his strikes. When he punches, he extends himself and leans way forward. TJ's feints allowed him to goad Barao into opening up and leaving opportunities for counters.

Plus, he's just noticeably faster.

But you don't understand man, Barao just had to take a BIGGER STEP in his jab. That's all.

So you're saying

IF Barao had utilized perfect technique consistently while executing a sound gameplan, then he probably would have won?

Have you ever considered coaching?
lol this exactly.

Came to read quick reasons, realised TS lied.

Srsly though, TJ was streets ahead, but I see the rematch as being competitive and winnable for both.

Very good post TS.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but I still think Barao is the better fighter. I'm not trying to take anything away from an amazing performance by TJ, but I do think it was and will be the best performance of his career. Dillashaw will probably never look any better, while Barao couldn't have looked any worse.

I agree Maxwell on Barao's mistake of not using straight kicks and stepping jabs against the out of boxing range Dillashaw.His corner actually instructed him to use the jab and kicks but he paid him no mind because Barao,at that point was fighting on pure instinct.It must have something to do with the thunderous initial overhand right Dillashaw hit him with in the first round.
In my opinion it all comes down to Barao having no plan B and C coming into the fight and chose to sit on his laurels,a sign of an overconfident fighter.

That makes a lot of sense. After the initial massive strike he was fighting on instinct and in his arrogance he didn't prepare a plan B or C.

Sure I guess. But if Barao would've changed a few basic things he would've been embarassing TJ all night.

Leading with straight kicks and stepping jabs when Dillashaw was at kickboxing range and leading with a straight right when Dillashaw turned southpaw would've completely changed the fight.

If he'd stop pulling his hands away from his face he wouldn't have gotten hit with the big overhand in round one either.

These were super basic mistakes.

Well it's obvious, barao needs you in his camp/corner to help him correct these "super basic mistakes" so next time he and TJD cross paths he can "embarrass him all night" smh... Stop making excuses, barao took his beating/loss like a champ, and admitted TJD was the better fighter last night, as should you. The only thing I might beleive is that he Highly underestimated TJD, and bought into his own hype as P4P#1

Yes kickboxing fundamentals is the same as aspiring to guru status.

When you figure out the concept of range and the idea of a straight strikes versus an arcing strike, please come back.

Your sounding stupid....I have a BB in TKD and understand straight strikes verses looping punches etc and the force generated from full body inclusion....but it is not that simple.... TJ out fought Barao and that is end of story....excuses are like aresholes....everyone has one and they stink

Clown. See if people land telegraphed overhands like that against technically proficient strikers.

TJ didn't land that overhand again for the rest of the fight AND the only reason he landed it was because Barao's hands were terribly out of position.

Why were his hands terribly out of place? Could it have something to do with the fact that TJ had been lighting him up and confusing him with his movement? Maybe it also had to do with the fact that TJ's base is his wrestling and he can threaten with the takedown. Cain landed the same punch on JDS in their second fight. His hands were also terribly out of place. I suppose JDS is also a terrible striker?

No such thing as too much Naruto, I can get JDS to back me up on that. I still stand by my statement. Ronda generates more force and power in sports specific movements than a 240lb bodybuilder would if he the bodybuilder attempted those sport specific movements.

I agree. I saw it on Tomb Raider. Dainty women can out power much larger and fit adult males as long as they work on the correct kinetic chaining.

Well it's obvious, barao needs you in his camp/corner to help him correct these "super basic mistakes" so next time he and TJD cross paths he can "embarrass him all night" smh... Stop making excuses, barao took his beating/loss like a champ, and admitted TJD was the better fighter last night, as should you. The only thing I might beleive is that he Highly underestimated TJD, and bought into his own hype as P4P#1

Pederneiras told him these exact things multiple times. Nothing I am saying is in any way exceptional. This is basic stuff that Barao did not execute properly despite his corner telling him to correct it.

I agree. I saw it on Tomb Raider. Dainty women can out power much larger and fit adult males as long as they work on the correct kinetic chaining.

Go back to your imaginary world where having a penis means you could beat Rousey in a fight.

Back