Three LW fights added to quickly filling Rio/FN (62) event

It started off good. Now it's looking like a typical Jungle Fighting Championship card.

It started off good. Now it's looking like a typical Jungle Fighting Championship card.

They make these cards strictly for Brazilians, I honestly can't remember the last Brazil card that ended up being really good.

Leonardo Mafra will be a huge LW if he can make the weight.

Wiman/Santos is actually not a bad pairing. Hard to call former TUF winner Santos a prospect at 34.

Hoping Pedro Munhoz and Thomas Almeida wind up on this card, but not against each other. Do Munhoz vs Kanehara and Almeida vs Entwistle or something.

Leonardo Mafra will be a huge LW if he can make the weight.

Very much so, though he looked terrible against Rick Story. I'll give him the benefit of the doubt since he was a replacement, though still had a month to prepare IIRC.

I really like these fights

Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Burns
Erick Silva vs. Ben Saunders
Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare

I really like these fights

Josh Thomson vs. Gilbert Burns
Erick Silva vs. Ben Saunders
Demian Maia vs. Ryan LaFlare

All good scraps. Came to specifically say that about Silva/Saunders, but the other two are definitely good fights.

Hoping Pedro Munhoz and Thomas Almeida wind up on this card, but not against each other. Do Munhoz vs Kanehara and Almeida vs Entwistle or something.

No way they match Almeida and Muhnoz right now. Almeida is the more touted, but IMHO, Muhnoz is the more well rounded at this point. A shame Muhnoz had to face Assuncao in his debut. He is an extremely blue chip prospect and 135 is absolutely loaded with them right now. Muhnoz, Almeida, Cejudo, Font, Sterling, Holdsworth, Beal, Garbrandt, Pettis, etc. Future of this division is great.

Almeida is the more touted, but Muhnoz is the more well rounded at this point. A shame Muhnoz had to face Assuncao in his debut. He is an extremely blue chip prospect and 135 is absolutely loaded with them right now. Muhnoz, Almeida, Cejudo, Font, Sterling, Beal, Garbrandt, Pettis, etc. Future of this division is great.
Three of those guys dropped to flyweight. Munhoz has even expressed interest in fighting at 125.

Mafra is trying to make LW? Good luck with that cut. He wasn't a small WW.

Three of those guys dropped to flyweight. Munhoz has even expressed interest in fighting at 125.

I did see that Cejudo, Pettis and Beal were going to try FLW, but did not realize that Muhnoz was eyeing 125 as well.

The UFC trying to create another Brazilian name; his second LW fight in the UFC and they're giving him "a name", but one who's nearly 40, unmotivated and nearly no ground game where Burns is a multiple former BJJ world champ.

Back