Three-a-Days!

Cardio King

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hey guys I just started a new routine a few weeks ago that I'd like to share. For the record, I don't have a spotter when I lift, so I picked exercises I can bail on if I ever needed to. I keep my diet clean, timely and plentiful, and I make sure to stay hydrated during every workout. I recently added some early morning cardio and I feel it helps me energize myself for the rest of the day. Any and all input is welcome!

Weight: 155lbs, 12% bf
Height: 5'9"
Goal: 141lbs, 6%bf w/ teh bomb jiu-jitsu skillz:D

Monday
6:30am: Morning Cardio
4mile run (16 laps on the track) - 45min

11:30am: Strength Training
10min warm-up treadmill 3.5mph 1%inc.
Front Squat - 5x5
Flat Dumbell Press - 5x5
Bent-over Barbell Row - 5x5
Travelling Dumbell Lunges - 5x10 (5/side)
Standing Overhead Barbell Press - 5x5
Pull-up - 5 sets to failure
Seated Medicine-ball Twist - 2x30 (15/side)

7:30pm: BJJ (hard practise)

Tuesday
6:30am: Morning Cardio (optional)
4mile run - 45min

12:00pm: BJJ (soft practise)

8:00pm: Stationary Bike Intervals
Total time - 30min
6min - steady state
6min - 1:1min hard/soft (3 reps)
6min - steady state
6min - 1:1min hard/soft
6min - steady state

Wednesday
6:30am: Morning Cardio
4mile run - 45min

Front Squat - 5x5
Flat Dumbell Press - 5x5
Bent-over Barbell Row - 5x5
Travelling Dumbell Lunges - 5x10 (5/side)
Standing Overhead Barbell Press - 5x5
Pull-ups - 5 sets to failure
Hanging Knee-tucks - 3x15

6:00pm: BJJ (hard practise)

Thursday
6:30am: Morning Cardio (optional)
4mile run - 45min

12:00pm: BJJ (soft practise)

8:00pm: Stationary Bike Intervals
Total time - 30min
6min - steady state
6min - 1:1min hard/soft (3 reps)
6min - steady state
6min - 1:1min hard/soft
6min - steady state

Friday
6:30am: Morning Run
4mile run - 45min

Deadlift - 5x5
Dip - 5 sets to failure
Upright Barbell Row - 5x5
Single-leg Calf Raise - 2 sets to failure (per side)
One-arm Supine Tricep Pull-down - 3x10 (per side)
Seated Dumbell Curls - 3x10 (per side)
Back Extensions - 3x15

6:00pm - BJJ (hard practise)

Saturday
1:00pm - Judo

Sunday
Rest & Ice

dayum.i see you have a lot of time on your hands

If your goals are to get to 141lbs at 6%BF and improve your JJ skills then your should probably head to the D&S and Grappling sub-forums.

First off i have run ss, madcow's 5x5, my own shit, and 5/3/1/, and I hardly ever use a spotter. I only use a spotter when I am pushing myself to the limit :icon_chee. If I were to stick with your setup, I would swap wed. with fri. Even if you are <20, I think you might get burnt out doing all of that. I think one of the 5x5 programs or 5/3/1 would be up your ally. Maybe 5/3/1 with bbb or I am not doing shit. You can sub your front squats for back squats, and db bench for bench if you absolutely have to.

Let me just say this about spotters. I have 110lb girls spot me pressing >250 all the time. They actually do a better job than the brocephs. Usually, you only need 10-20lbs in help to get the bb off of you with ease.

Question: Do you have access to a squat or power rack?

it looks like a lot. grappling is taxing enough with heavy lifting while waking up that early for 4 miles? looks like overtraining to me. but thats just me. it might work out though.

I would say just give it a go. For me it would be a bit much, but you are much younger. I would flip wed. and fri, , since mon and wed. are the same thing, and go from there. You just kinda have to learn what your body can take and is what is good for you. I would also do overhead work on the deadlift day only.

The truth of of the matter is you just need to fucking lift. Especially at your age. As you lift, you will realize when you are doing to much or not enough. As long as you are fucking pushing yourself, you will see gains.

Look up prelepin's chart. It will help you gauge your lifting. There is a science to getting stronger, but nothing substitutes hardwork and determination. That includes hgh and roids.

I can take all the roids I want, but unless I fucking want to be the best and work my ass off toward that goal, it won't do shit.

Disclamer: If you want to be the best, you have to do hgh or roids or both...... It is what it is....

I seriously doubt youll make any improvements in the strength department. Since the strength routine is weak and the recovery time nonexistent.

I seriously doubt youll make any improvements in the strength department. Since the strength routine is weak and the recovery time nonexistent.

How is the strength routine weak?

I agree with recovery, but he is young. I am over 30 and have squatted everyday for a month.

Slow down Lampalme, go back to fucking college poontang.

Or man the fuck up and get a gym membership with a power rack so you can do a man's workout.

wish i had this much time to train! do you have a day job?

Slow down Lampalme, go back to fucking college poontang.

Or man the fuck up and get a gym membership with a power rack so you can do a man's workout.

Don't listen to this douche nozzle. Give it a go for a few weeks, if you are making progress than keep it up. If not, then tone it down a bit. Also make sure you have a solid nutritional plan. Eating correctly and getting the proper nutrients is very very very important. You should be eating more than ever to fuel that work load. Remember, HARD WORK BEATS TALENT, WHEN TALENT DOESN'T WORK HARD.

Your strength training has WAY too much volume. You don't need 8 different exercises in the same workout. Maybe 3 or 4 maximum.

Back