Thread closed

Pro or ammy?
Have any training footage.
How much coach time and sparring have you been able to get in with the pandemic going on?

Pro or ammy?
definitiely ammy.
---
Let's post this guy's ammy bouts videos, if you have them available.
Ireland/ U.K in modern days, ammy boxing: some videorecording had been done, also ppl are filming with their phones etc. If they did not posted somevhere videos with his fights, still there is solution: ask guys that attended this event or even prom, ppl in local boxing org.
Actually your coach or at least some advisor should had been told you about this, preferably helped to get and watched …..…….

Watch as much Kubrat Pulev footage as possible. Victory guaranteed.
If they are both watching pulev we may see the greatest war in history
I watch your back war for middle earth and WW2

@sweetviolenturg would know best.

I'm far from an expert but my advice would be: Keep it simple. Don't neglect the body. Stick behind a strong jab, don't forget to feint. Stay technical. Don't get discouraged if you lose, everyone loses. It's your first fight don't be too hard on yourself. GL kid.

Pro or ammy?
Have any training footage.
How much coach time and sparring have you been able to get in with the pandemic going on?

Hes 16 so ammy

Also once again hes 16 so hes coach has the responsibility on this

Hes 16 so ammy

Also once again hes 16 so hes coach has the responsibility on this
It’s Ireland don’t they have white collar boxing type shit like pro rule fights but not actual pro fights??
He could be doing one of those

Do you have a coach? If not, get one, I had my ammy debut also at 16 with no coach and paid dearly for it, and your going up against a dude with 2 ko’s in just 5 fights? That’s not going to end well for you if you’re not in the best possible shape.

It’s Ireland don’t they have white collar boxing type shit like pro rule fights but not actual pro fights??
He could be doing one of those

In Britain white collar is mainly for complete novices for charity, or old amateurs/novices that can’t compete in the amateurs anymore due to their age. I’d assume it’s similar in Ireland. If he’s 16, and training at a gym, it’ll be an amateur fight

if you haven’t had any real training/ coaching I’d suggest getting some.

not just for the training, but for walking you through what to expect and to look out for you.

At this point the most important thing is to not get discouraged if you lose. Listen to the recent podcast Evander Holifield did with Mike Tyson. He talks about how he was losing a lot of fights as a kid and it was really discouraging but he kept at it and kept improving and became the best. And if you dont have a coach obviously get one.

Cardio. CARDIO. CAR-DEE-OH.

It’s a 2 minute round so you won’t have time to get cute and technical. The expectation is 80-100 punches around. Keep your knees bent and work in combinations. Throw no less than 3 punches at a time

Best advice here would come from sweetviolenturg.

Stick to the basics, use the jab, and try not to get out worked, as Am judges always look for work rate.

Back