Thoughts on wearing necklaces?

GoatArtemLobov

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I don't really know if I'm in the right forum to discuss that but as we are going to talk about chokes I guess I am. So here's my question:
Do you put yourself at risk of getting choked in a fight or from behind when you wear necklaces?
Everyone wants to look fresh when going out at night but we all know there are some serious douches in the clubs so ending up in a fight or getting attacked by surprise is always a possibility. And nobody wants to give those douches a weapon they can use against you.
I've listened to what Danaher said on ties, and why he disagrees with Rogan saying they put you more at risk of getting choked out.

I'm not quite sure if those arguments can be applied to let's say a golden 24nch necklace.
What do you think?
Edit: just noticed I did post a video of Bas showing a kick instead of Danaher speaking about ties, lol

Last edited:
Unless you're wearing an actual steel chain like Rampage, nah. Most jewelry metal is pretty malleable. Maybe a stainless steel chain? That'd definitely work garrote style, but one-handed pearl-snatcher-style I'd imagine the clasp would probably break. Reckon a thicc/well-braided hemp necklace would work pretty well too in light of the above considerations.

You could probably beat someone to death with the bling chains with huge pendants the 00's rappers used to wear, but bullets are cheaper.

There would be a difference, but I feel in most cases it'd be negligible

Unless you're wearing an actual steel chain like Rampage, nah. Most jewelry metal is pretty malleable. Maybe a stainless steel chain? That'd definitely work garrote style, but one-handed pearl-snatcher-style I'd imagine the clasp would probably break. Reckon a thicc/well-braided hemp necklace would work pretty well too in light of the above considerations.

You could probably beat someone to death with the bling chains with huge pendants the 00's rappers used to wear, but bullets are cheaper.
I was more referring to that type of thing.
https://craftdlondon.com/collections/mens-pendants/products/compass-pendant-gold
Don't know how solid it would be if someone was pulling on it with full force...

I feel like the clasp has a good chance of breaking in a serious choke. TBH unless that chain was pretty meaty I’d feel more confident choking with the shirt.

my thoughts are if you’re gonna wear a necklace might as well make it count

t-pain-chains-203x300.jpg

bling bling motherfuckers. In addition to being the epitome of style and wealth I’m pretty sure you could club a mark ass bitch to death with this thing.

Last edited:
What sort of grown man wears a necklace?
Jewelry is for women and insecure men.

Tons of boxers and mma fighters wear a necklace on press conferences and stuff, and those guys are involved in the manliest thing on earth.
As long as it stays rather discrete and thin, it's ok.

Fuck that tbh. The puritan aesthetic sucks. Men's fashion has sucked for the past 160 years. All plain, dreary blacks and blues and greys without any flair or adornment as far as the eye can see. Just soul crushing.

Bring back baller sumptuary displays.

Last edited:
Fuck that tbh. The puritan aesthetic sucks. Men's fashion has sucked for the past 160 years. All plain and dreary blacks and blues and greys without any flair or adornment as far as the eye can see. Just soul crushing.

Bring back baller sumptuary displays.

A_macaroni_dressing_room_Wellcome_L0016712-640x469.jpg

Philip_Dawe_The_Macaroni._A_Real_Character_at_the_Late_Masquerade_1773-456x640.jpg

this guy probably has a few tips

rampage-jackson-03-22-10-16-4-55-138.jpg

Back