Thoughts on U.S. Gasoline prices?

Layoffs happening in Northern Alberta. I'm sure it will hit Alberta's budget in many ways.

It's 1.52 a gallon in TX.
85473-south-park-NICE-meme-fi0v.png

$1.00 CDN per litre where I'm at.

that's just over $3.00 USD per gallon if I did the conversion correctly.

2.13 is the lowest I've seen in Miami. It costs me 20 bucks to fill up my tank. Previously, it was about 38 bucks. I'm using the money I'm saving on some Jordans, and a gold rope chain with my initials.

Good idea buying those jordans, robbing people for them doesn't seem to work out well these days.

$1.00 CDN per litre where I'm at.

that's just over $3.00 USD per gallon if I did the conversion correctly.

A dollar? Where are you at? I filled up yesterday at 79.9 (just north of Toronto)

Low global demand for oil combined with a large increase in US shale production seems like a reasonable explanation for the low prices... without having to go CT.

Those are big factors.

Did OPEC disband and now all those nations make decisions without discussing thing with each other or is that conspiracy still intact? :)

2.13 is the lowest I've seen in Miami. It costs me 20 bucks to fill up my tank. Previously, it was about 38 bucks. I'm using the money I'm saving on some Jordans, and a gold rope chain with my initials.

Good investment. I was up in North Carolina and through parts of South Carolina and Georgia, the prices were even lower. The lowest was 1.98.

A dollar? Where are you at? I filled up yesterday at 79.9 (just north of Toronto)

Southern Vancouver Island. I've seen it as low as .96 a ways North but that's about it

We have had carbon taxes added on and who knows what other taxes.

Last edited:
Those are big factors.

Did OPEC disband and now all those nations make decisions without discussing thing with each other or is that conspiracy still intact? :)

Not to mention Saudi Arabia is an ally of the US and Britain. There is always going to be a certain amount of gamesmanship when it comes to geo-politics and strategic resources but it's based on allies and wider consequences when determining self interest.

Southern Vancouver Island. I've seen it as low as .96 a ways North but that's about it

Are you guys normally more expensive than the rest of the country?

Are you guys normally more expensive than the rest of the country?

I think we are a bit, but it's not a golden rule. We have carbon taxes that get added to the price but there seems to be a lot of variables when it comes to prices across Canada.

20 cents is a big spread though. We might just be lagging, but time will tell.

Haven't checked this week, but it was 0.89c/litre last sat

we have a 1.7 u$ per liter... thats so lucky you.

The Saudi's are more than making up for what Russia isn't selling right now.

They are trying to kill the new born American oil industry, that it also hurts Putin is just a happy coincidence.

This is the Saudi's telling the world that they still control the oil market, and don't really care how low oil goes per barrel. They can afford it, everyone else can't.

They are also not thrilled by Russia's backing of the regime in Syria

There is no oil embargo on Russia, in fact last year was close to post Soviet Union records which is what they have to do to get even close to amount of money they got with $100 a barrel prices. Russian oil companies are sanctioned so they cannot get western technology or financing which will hit their production later on.

I find it interesting that right when we want to put the "screws" to Putin. Now all of a sudden we have affordable gas. With Russian oil exports under sanctions, shouldn't Gas be more expensive? The CT'ers are right this whole system is controlled by a few people. I'm happy I've got two dollars a gallon. bit this shows me all those high a$$ prices we've dealt with over the last decade were artificially inflated.:(

And if the Putin makes amends, will the gasoline prices go up? I wonder what the reason for that would be. I am not sure as to why the prices are dropping. With more developing nations than ever before, the demand should be high.

The Saudi's are more than making up for what Russia isn't selling right now.

They are trying to kill the new born American oil industry, that it also hurts Putin is just a happy coincidence.

This is the Saudi's telling the world that they still control the oil market, and don't really care how low oil goes per barrel. They can afford it, everyone else can't.

So that is the reason, I see. They are trying to shaft the Murica. But I doubt they can keep it up. Their economy is even less diversified than Russia. They wont, and cant keep this up forever.

Back