Thoughts on U.S. Gasoline prices?

Jack Handy jr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I find it interesting that right when we want to put the "screws" to Putin. Now all of a sudden we have affordable gas. With Russian oil exports under sanctions, shouldn't Gas be more expensive? The CT'ers are right this whole system is controlled by a few people. I'm happy I've got two dollars a gallon. but this shows me all those high a$$ prices we've dealt with over the last decade were artificially inflated.:(

Last edited:
The Saudi's are more than making up for what Russia isn't selling right now.

They are trying to kill the new born American oil industry, that it also hurts Putin is just a happy coincidence.

This is the Saudi's telling the world that they still control the oil market, and don't really care how low oil goes per barrel. They can afford it, everyone else can't.

Like you said, it just goes to show that someone, some where, makes up a price and that's what we have to pay. seems like bullshit

If it was "we" gas prices would have been down by the election times

Saudi Arabia (already mentioned) has been selling gas at a discount and in a recent inferview, they suggested they were doing it to kill the US fracking industry (hurting Iran and Russia has also been suggested as being their incentive)

Like you said, it just goes to show that someone, some where, makes up a price and that's what we have to pay. seems like bullshit

No, its supply and demand. Blah blah blah

Lol - I totally agree with u

They are trying to kill the new born American oil industry, that it also hurts Putin is just a happy coincidence.

This is the Saudi's telling the world that they still control the oil market, and don't really care how low oil goes per barrel. They can afford it, everyone else can't.

16874_3_full.jpg

No, we have this thing called a market that sets prices.

Last edited:

I guess that's my questions to the Saudi's really control the oil prices or is it some unseen governance.

I guess that's my questions to the Saudi's really control the oil prices or is it some unseen governance.

The Saudis control about 18% of the world's oil reserves and supply about 13% of oil used. So they're major players, but A) they badly want higher prices and B) they don't have that much power to influence prices (they could try to restrict supply to raise them, but they'd be sacrificing a little present sales and previously when they tried that, they were not particularly successful).

How much is gas stateside now?

Kind of off-topic but is anyone investing in oil right now? I don't think oil prices will stay anywhere near $50/barrell or w/e it is right now so it looks to me like the perfect time to buy right now.

bro I filled up my Tahoe for $80.00 I haven't done that well.....ever. and my gas light was on. now I'm not complaining about affordable gas I just find it strange that with what Putin's doing in Crimea, and what the Obama administration is trying to do as far as negatively affecting the Russian economy so Putin will pull his forces out.an oil embargo or energy sanctions against Russia should make gas go up not down. in my practical unlearned view anyway.

gas here is $1.98...needless to say im not investing in oil that much right now

Low global demand for oil combined with a large increase in US shale production seems like a reasonable explanation for the low prices... without having to go CT.

After 8 years of Bush Foreign diplomacy where subtlety meant bombing the shit out of everything its amusing to see how people react to proper foreign relations

Putin being a dick? Dont put a cowboy hat on and act like a bellicose drunk. Smile nod, sanction his ass and back channel his economy into the ground until he squeals, all while your opponents call you a weak nobody

2.13 is the lowest I've seen in Miami. It costs me 20 bucks to fill up my tank. Previously, it was about 38 bucks. I'm using the money I'm saving on some Jordans, and a gold rope chain with my initials.

Back