Thoughts on tonight's draws?

Both seem like the right scores. And even almost all sherdogers seem to agree.

Yadong should've lost that first round. He didn't outstrike Stamman and got outgrappled.

I felt confident that Stamann won but many actually agreed with the draw so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. I personally scored Calvillo/Rodriguez 28/28.

We had two draws tonight: stamman vs yadong and

Cavillo vs Rodriguez

Did you agree with them? If not, who do you think should have won?

Dude how about this bet I won though so funny

Had a parlay with
Ya Dong
Rothwell
Rodriguez
Reem doesn’t go the distance

I was watching on a massive delay and had people round so wasn’t giving it my full attention
When I saw the 3rd round of Dong fight I literally thought ‘oh well’
Didn’t see it was a draw because I went for a piss

Every single one of those fights was flukey as fuck and I still made a little haha
God bless draws and Struves nut sack
And big Dans weird stoppage

I felt confident that Stamann won but many actually agreed with the draw so I guess it wasn't as bad as I thought. I personally scored Calvillo/Rodriguez 28/28.
Lay and pray didn’t work for stamann this time

Lay and pray didn’t work for stamann this time
Yeah, I guess that different people will put premiums on different things in MMA. I won't argue with someone if they considered it LnP. That's a term that I don't use myself, but I get it. Sometimes former wrestlers get too defensive when they hear LnP, but I understand why people hate top positional control in certain scenarios (i.e. failing to pass guard and land fight ending blows). In fairness, I actually feel that fighters win fights from their backs at times that they lose decisions. Stamann would've benefitted if it were 5 rounds I feel, but I don't think this fight should lower Yadong's stock even though I favored him to win. I feel that both guys fought well.

Re Calvillo-Rodriguez,I think for every 1% of the weight class the fighter is over weight, they should lose a point. four and half pounds over is basically up a weight, and not having the drain from weight cutting. Twenty percent of the purse isn't a enough of a penalty.

Last edited:
If Reem survives that shot at the end of the fifth we could of had 3 draws.

Back