Thoughts on tonight's draws?

fortheo

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
We had two draws tonight: stamman vs yadong and

Cavillo vs Rodriguez

Did you agree with them? If not, who do you think should have won?

Yadong is China's next big thing and it seemed logical for the draw to happen.
Rodriguez fucked up thinking she could cruise or the lack of grappling skills thereof. Calvillo nearly took the L.

Yadong is China's next big thing and it seemed logical for the draw to happen.
Rodriguez fucked up thinking she could cruise or the lack of grappling skills thereof. Calvillo nearly took the L.

I thought that stamman was going to get the nod for sure, but I hate his style so I'm not too upset about it.

I didn't mind either. The first round was close between Yadong and Stamman, I was wondering why the announcers kept saying round 1 was basically a guaranteed 10-8 for Stamman. And I had no problem with scoring Round 3 10-8 for Calvillo.

Both were accurate and just. Good job judges.

I like Rodriguez and I hate Calvillo, but there was no way to score that third round something other than 10-8.

Didn't watch the women's fight closely enough to comment.

Was really pulling for a Song win and thought the judges would score the take downs against him more heavily. Song looked like he felt he got lucky. I think that fight is a draw AT BEST. Again, as a guy who lives in China and wants to see MMA do well here, I was pulling for Song.

Stamman's style pisses me off. When he said, "Just give me the fucking point..." I immediately wanted him to get floored. I feel like he coasted on that point massively.

Song is young and will learn from it.

Yeah, I agree with them.

With Marina, if she had gotten up a minute earlier and fought like she did towards the end, it probably wouldn't have been a 10-8.

I’m actually pro draw when I fight doesn’t feel very decisive. Imo a lot more fights should be draws.

Both fights were legit draws imo. Cavillo was down 2-0 and it isn't unreasonable that 2 out of three judges saw the third round as a 10-8. It wasn't just top control, Cavillo was putting a beating on her for the better part of the round. Significant strikes were something like 70-10 in that round.

I was more surprised by the Stamman fight, but judges have been weighing takedowns more lightly for years now when you don't do anything with them. Had Stamman attempted more ground strikes, he'd have won easily imo.

all i know is i was hugely impressed w/ Rodriguez(1st time seeing her) if she can work on some takedown defense then she has a bright future

I had both going to draws before it happened so yes

all i know is i was hugely impressed w/ Rodriguez(1st time seeing her) if she can work on some takedown defense then she has a bright future

Yeah, good thai and movement.
She also got up very well.

I was also impressed by how skinny she is.

Song proved he's the real deal. Stamann is a fucking legit bantamweight.

I had both going to draws before it happened so yes

You were on fire in that PBP thread, but yeah, I think it is a solid point that these weren't surprise draws. A reasonable observer could see they were possible, even probable.

You were on fire in that PBP thread, but yeah, I think it is a solid point that these weren't surprise draws. A reasonable observer could see they were possible, even probable.
Haha thanks boss I was feeling it last night had a ton of fun with everyone. Can’t wait for 245 this weekend!!

Back