thoughts on tonight..?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by mma sharingan, Feb 7, 2016.

1. mma sharingan

mma sharingan Brown Belt

well I watched the first couple of fights, I had to go to work after the Borg fight and made it back in time to catch the co main and main event.

I was impressed on the first couple of fights I watched, I thought Alex White looked sharp on the feet, had a feeling he would outclass Artem on the feet. Artem/Blanco could be a fun and would see one get back in to the win column.

The Gall/Jackson fight was a complete joke, neither of these two deserved to be fighting in UFC. Punk looked shook at the post fight interview, don't care if the fight between him or Gall happens.

Diego Rivas picture perfect flying knee looked like he killed Lohat, the first round had some entertaining scrambles aswell, Rivas showed good Sub defense but he got dominated in the first round.

I went to work (milking cows, took around 2hours)

get back to watchin the UFC and it's heavyweight action between Roy and Rosholt, imo both showed too much respect for each other (roys power/rosholts wrestling) and we got our typical lackluster rosholt fight.

I was worried the main event was going to be lackluster aswell, as I was expecting Hendricks to dryhump his way to a dec, but I was thoroughly impressed with Wonderboy, he schooled Hendricks and broke his will in the first round. Hope he gets the next shot over T-wood, he deserves it.

also the disrespect against Hendricks is ugly, he showed nothing but class in his post fight interview and all I see is people kicking a dog when he's down, it's just sad.

RockyLockridge likes this.
  2. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

I don't know if blaming your sparring partners for failing to properly emulate Wonderboy is classy.

Did the cows give good production?

3. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

People are showing disrespect to Hendricks because he's disrespecting everyone's intelligence at the post fight presser with his idiotic excuses. The guy can't own up and just say "hey, I lost. I should've prepared a bit differently. I'll come back stronger." He could just stop at that, but he doesn't.

As far as the card..Noons and Burkman both lost in their fight with their performances. The main card was alright, Pyle/Spencer was a great fight to start the main card with, and Wonderboy should get a title shot.

mindturking likes this.
  4. BOTTICELLI

BOTTICELLI MMA Fanatical Sabbatical

5. mma sharingan

mma sharingan Brown Belt

Thats pretty much what he said during the post fight interview, he said stephen was the better man.

6. sherbrosrule

sherbrosrule Booty meat is really neat. Banned

The main card outside of the first fight, and the last fight, was absolute trash. You didnt miss much, except Pyle working his usual awesome Mullet Magic.

I feel a six fight win streak, with wins over Cote, Ellenberger, and Hendricks warrants a title match far more than a win over kim and a split decision win over Gastelum.

mindturking likes this.
  7. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Highlights were that Rivas flying knee (although I thought Lohat dieded), and Wonderboy's complete destruction of Hendricks.

Lowlights were the ever-yawn-worthy Rosholt vs Big Country snore-fest.

mindturking likes this.
  8. sherbrosrule

sherbrosrule Booty meat is really neat. Banned

He blamed his training partners for not emulating Thompsons sytle, and took passive aggressive shots at Wonderboy himself, by saying he wouldnt engage.

9. CountOfSoCal

CountOfSoCal Black Belt

But he didn't stop there, he kept going at the presser.

10. neverwas

neverwas bondage belt

just watched the hendricks fight,what the hell was wrong with him?

11. mma sharingan

mma sharingan Brown Belt

he was his normal self, he just got outclassed on the feet and couldn't close the distance for a takedown.

12. Sgt Smith

Sgt Smith Bassed God

I wish this were true, but he blamed everyone but himself for the loss. Training partners didn't prepare him correctly. Claimed Stephen was running from him and not engaging, even though he was getting touched up by combinations multiple times. I was not impressed with his lack of ownership of his loss.

13. mma sharingan

mma sharingan Brown Belt

yeah I know, but while on live tv he was composed and a class act, he had nothing but repsect for thompson, everyones making it out like he pulled a Forrest.

14. RockyLockridge

RockyLockridge Red Belt

shit card, Thompson saved it.

15. sidecheckkick

sidecheckkick Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Pyle and Wonderboy were amazing. The rest of the main card sucked big time