Social Thoughts on this situation...

Alphaboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I was surfing IG. There is a guy, who appears to be an MMA fighter and runs a gym. He had a video of a girl wearing short-shorts and kicking something like this: (except he was holding Thai pads).
UTeWdI0.png

As usual, there were the thirsty comments in the chat. One guy wrote: "Damn, she's hot!"

The guy who runs the page wrote: "She's 15, you fuckin' perv!!!"

People in the comment section began to pile up on him. Dude was apologetic af, he wrote a comment apologizing and saying he didn't know. To be fair, she's at that age where she could be anywhere from teens to early 20s, think of Jenna Ortega (Wednesday Addams). After the dude who called her hot wrote an apology comment, the owner said some shit like: "No excuse, you should be treating women with respect and not calling them hot!"

I was spectating and at this point I had enough of his virtue signaling bullshit. I said: "Bro, the reason you choose this girl in the first place is because she is a attractive and you knew the clickbait would get people to frequent your business page." He put no indication whatsoever of her age. He didn't respond and likely did not see my comment.

I got a notification later on and went back to the page. I saw the dude posted multiple videos with the same girl (a few with other students) and like clockwork, a dude or two would comment about how hot she was, and he'd go off calling them pervs and causing a fight in the comment section. I felt the actually owner was the creep for "using" her for engagement, knowing its gonna cause comments and subsequent arguments which still count as views and clicks. I called him out for this. He commented something but I couldn't read it, he blocked me shortly thereafter.

I'm a bit curious about what he said. Other folks called the dude out to. It appears to be his schtick... post a girl, wait for thirsty comments, scream at them and call them creeps, the cycle continues. If he wanted to use a particular student but didn't want the pervs, he could just disable the comment section. My thoughts, anyway.

No way he could know she was 15... also it's just the internet. Good looking girls post stuff themselves to get attention. This guy must not be from earth....

No such thing as bad publicity……he knew what he was doing, and was rewarded with traffic. Exploiting social media algorithms for profit is the new business model to study.

I suspect this as well. If he was just defensive over the student, that's one thing. However, repeatedly doing so, knowing how every post would end up is definitely intentional.

Algorithms reward any form of engagement. That's why even when clickbait videos get downvoted (when YouTube still had downvotes) and people rant about the video, it still shows up high on search results.

Sounds like the gym owner is a douche. If anything, he should apologize for trying to publicly shame someone for commenting on clickbait he himself posted. Common knowledge that attractive girls get a lot of attention from simps. Like it’s reasonable to be asking for id’s before commenting on any pic.

Also, dude who made the comment is probably a simp.

Sounds like the gym owner is a douche. If anything, he should apologize for trying to publicly shame someone for commenting on clickbait he himself posted. Common knowledge that attractive girls get a lot of attention from simps. Like it’s reasonable to be asking for id’s before commenting on any pic.

Also, dude who made the comment is probably a simp.

Indeed, but that's basically what the platform is now. Attention from th0ts, eye candy for thirsty dudes.

Get another IG account and start commenting on how her elbows are too pointy or her feet too big and shit like that, then see what he says.

That's a good experiment.

Instructor has probably already tapped it, that’s why he is so protective.

yet it’s also why he secretly likes people to keep looking at her.

"Is that the chick who thought the 2020 election was stolen?"

Sit back and enjoy.

Alternatively, get off instagram and all social media.

I know, I used to like Facebook and all, but now I just go on Sherdog... and Snapchat but only to play with filters with my kids.

What's the insta handle?

Idunno if it'd be vetting or not. I know there's a page size limit before we can post it. Plus since he blocked me I have trouble searching for the page.

It's kind of interesting how the algorithm basically trains people to produce a certain kind of content. The tech company can also pivot and change the algorithm on a whim, meaning the 'content creators' will have to feel out what works again and start producing the new thing the algorithm wanted.

It's kind of interesting how the algorithm basically trains people to produce a certain kind of content. The tech company can also pivot and change the algorithm on a whim, meaning the 'content creators' will have to feel out what works again and start producing the new thing the algorithm wanted.
It's because it's based on users' responses.

No such thing as bad publicity……he knew what he was doing, and was rewarded with traffic. Exploiting social media algorithms for profit is the new business model to study.
This is the correct answer. Kinda scummy on the business owners part, but also kinda smart. It's hard to survive as a small business, especially a martial arts gym.

The bigger problem is the effect it's having on our culture. Companies, even the small ones, now realize that they can monetize outrage, so they have a huge incentive to create more of it.

And we, as a society, are being conditioned to be outraged at every little thing. No doubt the cause of increased road rage, fights on airplanes, waffle house brawls, etc.

Back