Thoughts on Spyderco...

IronShogun.

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Just picked up a Spyderco Tenacious off Ebay, for a damn good price. I've heard spydercos in general are amazing. Im just curious on your thoughts of each of these specifically: native III, Delica and Byrd Cara. Any owners?

Had a small "CLip-IT" lockback, liked it. I've handled some other Spyderco knives, including a rather wicked butterfly knife they make that handled beautifully.

So far as I know, they make a solid product.

I had a first gen spyderco endura and liked the feel but it did not hold its edge for long. I have heard the newer ones do a better job of it.

They have one of the ugliest webpages

Their knives are excellent. I occasionally carry one in self-defense when I'm out late at night (like I really need one in a hippy town, lol). I think the Ladybug, the tiniest one they make. And from a, uh, demonstration I observed, the little bugger slices and butterflies muscle cleanly, almost like a surgical scalpel. It's pretty slick.

Their knives are excellent. I occasionally carry one in self-defense when I'm out late at night (like I really need one in a hippy town, lol). I think the Ladybug, the tiniest one they make. And from a, uh, demonstration I observed, the little bugger slices and butterflies muscle cleanly, almost like a surgical scalpel. It's pretty slick.

I'm going to have to look these up now

Have a Rescue Junior for general use. It's the best utility folder I've ever owned.

Spyder co.'s rock!

Emerson has far better knives in my opinion, but I carry a spyderco now because Emerson is expensive and I lost mine :(

Emerson has far better knives in my opinion, but I carry a spyderco now because Emerson is expensive and I lost mine
In terms of blade quality?

Im surprised to see so few responses, i was certain there were more Spyderco owners out there, c'mon people put down some responses.

They kick ass, plain and simple.

Some people don't like them because some models look a little unconventional, but the reason for that is only because they put function before appearance.

Hahahah! Yeah. What a tool that guy was for testing out a razor sharp knife on himself.
Moral of the story: Spydercos and LSD do not fucking mix, my friends.

I've heard spydercos in general are amazing.

They are very decent, solid knives. Amazing, they are not. Very good daily carry knife for odd jobs, but there are many better from a pure quality standpoint.

They are very decent, solid knives. Amazing, they are not. Very good daily carry knife for odd jobs, but there are many better from a pure quality standpoint.
Give me an example.

Back