Thoughts on Ray Cooper III?

Cooper's final opponent, Magomed Magomedkerimov, seems like a winner too. Rooting for Cooper though.

Unheralded island boy with no big show experience did what GSP, Lawler, Hendo couldn't. .

Yeah, let's compare 39-year old Shields to the prime one in late SF and early UFC. That's like saying someone finishing BJ Penn now is equivalent to beating him back in 2010.

Are people really discrediting his wins over Shields because of his age?

Since 2015 Shields has only lost to Fitch, Palhares and Cooper.

I bet if Cooper was a Russian Sherdog would be calling for a UFC title shot for the guy. Shameful.

Got an idiot on the frontpage article calling Cooper a bum. Lol. maybe hasnt fought the best but at 17-4 and 25 yrs old he aint no bum except to typical keyboard bums.

Legit badass. Multiple state wrestling state championships as well so he is no slouch on the ground. His stand up reminds me of how Tyson moved back in the day. Power like him too

With his dad being a decent MMA fighter himself, it's safe to say Ray Cooper III is most likely the first fighter to be training MMA his whole life to break out. He is the new breed.

With his dad being a decent MMA fighter himself, it's safe to say Ray Cooper III is most likely the first fighter to be training MMA his whole life to break out. He is the new breed.
Idk that blonde dork in the UFC as well but maybe his dad had him doing karate early on.

Braddah Boy just avenged his pop's loss to shields for the second time though. That's wild.

I'd have to look at his record again but I think he has only seen the judges score cards once (in defeat) and has 5 or 6 ko's in 30 seconds or less

I really wanted to see he and Story slug it out though

I bet if Cooper was a Russian Sherdog would be calling for a UFC title shot for the guy. Shameful.

Since 2015 Jake hasn't beaten anyone close to Top 10, either. I'm not saying he's a terrible fighter, but this isn't the guy who beat Maia, Woodley or Lawler back in the day. Josh Koschek has only had 3 losses since 2015, too. Maybe Cooper can finish him in the 1st round so we can say he's better than prime GSP, too?

Let's see Cooper fight a current Top 10 guy who's younger than Jake. The verdict is still out on him, but he has 5 losses to no-name fighters. No doubt he's dangerous and explosive, but so are a lot of other non-elite fighters.

Anyone that beats Shields is decent in my book

Cooper III is an example of how tournaments can build stars. 4 fights over the last 3.5 months has accelerated his momentum and very quickly built him a fanbase.

I know, right? It's like douchebags are so quick to act like he's turned in several consecutive dog shit "Tippy Toes BJ" performances in a row so he's a scrub and Cooper III didn't accomplish anything by smoking him twice.

Cooper III is an example of how tournaments can build stars. 4 fights over the last 3.5 months has accelerated his momentum and very quickly built him a fanbase.
Especially finishing a big name once considered one of the best in the weight class.

Back