Thoughts on not repping out deadlifts?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Eli1015, Aug 15, 2019.

1. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Night King Top Team

He does strict rows too. It's helpful to consider strict rows and cheat rows as two separate exercises with different benefits.

2. dannysmith

dannysmith Blue Belt

I didnt say that heaving around weight didnt have any benefits, i said i believed people should add in a movement with no body english at all.

I still do heavy rows and use some body english but i dont think thats the end all be all accessory

3. rambosabeast

rambosabeast Purple Belt

SL deadlift: I can do 4 or 5 sets (max reps- around 20, min reps- 7 or 8). Regular deadlift with knee bending hurts my lower back for days afterward. I probably have poor form, but its the best I can do with my current flexibility, so I usually just avoid it unless my legs are straight, OR I can do rack pulls.

Overall, I don't go below 7 or 8 reps on any movement, including DLjust because my joints seem to be weak, and high-weight low-rep lifts have hurt me in the past.

4. Terminator0611

Terminator0611 White Belt

If you want to become strong, 1-6 rep range, then train in that range and do assistance shit in higer reps (like rows/yates rows). Eddie Hall posted a vid on where he claimed he did not even go to lockout in his training because its the easiest part of the lift cause the hip flexors are already fucking strong from squatting etc. So theres that. Try it out and see if it works for you in a month or 2. Especially when you stall progression.

5. WARinsertname

WARinsertname Brown Belt

If I'm on the heavy sets I use singles and doubles. Between 70% to 85% I use triples for 8 to 10 sets.

Since doing it this way I've made great progression and haven't even come close to being injured. I feel fresher throughout the workout even though I'm putting out more work if you count the warmup sets and work sets.

6. dissectingaorticaneurysm

dissectingaorticaneurysm Night King Top Team