Thoughts on not repping out deadlifts?

I've been doing rows like he is doing, Ed Coan did it the same way...I'm thinking there might be something to it.

I've only been on it for 3 weeks, but I have a much better lock out at the top than I did beforehand already. So I'm thinking it's not that crazy. As long as he is keeping his core tight and not putting extra strain on the lower back...Adding that extra english to the movement has it's benefits.

Even the other guy who seemed to scoff at Cailer...You could tell by his face that he realized that Woolam is no fool.
I didnt say that heaving around weight didnt have any benefits, i said i believed people should add in a movement with no body english at all.

I still do heavy rows and use some body english but i dont think thats the end all be all accessory

SL deadlift: I can do 4 or 5 sets (max reps- around 20, min reps- 7 or 8). Regular deadlift with knee bending hurts my lower back for days afterward. I probably have poor form, but its the best I can do with my current flexibility, so I usually just avoid it unless my legs are straight, OR I can do rack pulls.

Overall, I don't go below 7 or 8 reps on any movement, including DLjust because my joints seem to be weak, and high-weight low-rep lifts have hurt me in the past.

If you want to become strong, 1-6 rep range, then train in that range and do assistance shit in higer reps (like rows/yates rows). Eddie Hall posted a vid on where he claimed he did not even go to lockout in his training because its the easiest part of the lift cause the hip flexors are already fucking strong from squatting etc. So theres that. Try it out and see if it works for you in a month or 2. Especially when you stall progression.

If I'm on the heavy sets I use singles and doubles. Between 70% to 85% I use triples for 8 to 10 sets.

Since doing it this way I've made great progression and haven't even come close to being injured. I feel fresher throughout the workout even though I'm putting out more work if you count the warmup sets and work sets.

EviSVKAQn8WnFT_PtQDy5an0f5sNiydlKS9KxS-aA3U.jpg

Banded Dimel deadlifts for high reps are nice but try replacing deadlift volume with good mornings.

I normally stick to lower rep range overall but also run 5/3/1 and my amrap sets have hit as high as 20 before. I also like to throw in higher rep sets occasionally. Last week I done a sets of 21-15-9 with 315. I hit 15 reps on the first set, took a little break then hit the other 6. Hit all the other reps straight.

Don't know if it matters but I don't usually use a belt on anything less than 400 either.

Granted it's been a few years since I ran 531, but how are you hitting 21-15-9 on a 531 program for deadlift? It should only be your last set that's AMRAP right? And if you're hitting 21 reps on anything for an AMRAP, then you probably have your 1RM percentages way off. He does higher rep sets with BBB at like 50% and even those are only 5x10 reps. So unless you're deadlifting like 700lbs, I don't think you're actually following the program.

Here’s a weird one
I sprained my soleus and have been out for two months
Went back to deadlifting at 60%
Abs kill
Have added a bunch of ab work to compensate
But I am now able to double overhand, not hook grip, 365 for all my sets easily
All those related videos paying off?

Not interested in dl and squat

Back knee finger problems

i do really low reps. for a long time i just deadlifted dumbbells in order to walk them. after that i just had a near max dead set up in my room, that i would hit for singles in between other exercises.

My dead got stronger through these periods, and is weakest now as i stopped deadlifting until recently.

you can get stronger without repping it, i think, anyways. maybe do cleans for higher reps if you want to get more work in on the same muscle group but dont want to load up and hurt yourself?

Back