Thoughts on moving/ living in Las Vegas?

brackis1

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I've been thinking about making a move to Vegas since my job(s) and hobbies benefit from:
-Affordable enough for a place with home office+storage+garage
-Major airport with abundant flights nearby
-Preferential tax status on some items
-Cool outdoors stuff nearby and sunshine abundant
-Lots of sporting events
-Affordable enough that I can leave for extend periods of time to travel.

The things that terrify me about it (mainly based off stereotype):
-Heat being unhealthy/a pain in summer. I don't mind high dry 100* temps, but fearful of summer months so extreme that it's unsafe from a public perspective.
-Total reliance on cars / segmented into concrete corridors.
-Dumb drunk and old populations excessive?
-Healthy/safety. Shitty water, gnarly soil, lots of degenerates/sheisters/bums.
-Generally a "bad taste" town catering to Monster Energy bros and Live,Laugh,Love Karens who want fake roman columns on their houses?

Anyone hate or love the place after living there?

Last edited:
Heard its ok

Just don't go around trying to bang your neighbors wife

Well I have a house two doors over that's newly available

once the doomsday virus reaches vegas what are you even gonna do, you are in the middle of the desert

Living in Las Vegas sounds like a crappy prequel to Leaving Las Vegas. If a million sherbros donate one dollar Nic would prob do it

Lots of desperate scum, meth heads, and criminals. Not only drug addicts but gambling addicts and con men too.

Combine that with the absolute miserable heat for 4 months straight and it becomes a pretty shitty place to live.

You couldn't pay me to live in Vegas. Outside of the strip, which locals avoid like the plague, the town is just subdivision after subdivision. One giant suburb surrounded by mountains.

And yeah, like you said, a lot of older expats that retire there because it's cheap to live there. But it's cheap because the job market sucks unless you work in gaming. Not that this matters to you since you work remotely.

I've heard that the people who live there don't bother with the strip. And if you aren't going there for the strip there are hundreds of better cities to be in.

Seems really trashy. I wouldn't want to live there.

I've heard that the people who live there don't bother with the strip. And if you aren't going there for the strip there are hundreds of better cities to be in.
This is correct of all the locals I have met.

They tend to only go to the strip when out of town friends or family come to visit.

And to your latter point I think Nashville is the city of the moment for people to move to in the US.

Place is literally satans playground. Stay far far away imo.

Born and raised locals I know love it there. Most people who I know who moved there have left. It can be a very depressing place.

I had an alright time living there, but it was ten years ago and I was still a big partner at the time,

no property tax. thats the only attractive thing about it to me

You couldn't pay me to live in Vegas. Outside of the strip, which locals avoid like the plague, the town is just subdivision after subdivision. One giant suburb surrounded by mountains.

And yeah, like you said, a lot of older expats that retire there because it's cheap to live there. But it's cheap because the job market sucks unless you work in gaming. Not that this matters to you since you work remotely.

my buddy moved out there for this chick that's like uber rich. I mean UBER rich. he doesn't work & she buys him everything. not my kind of thing but he's living the life.

They have excellent sushi buffets. @Clementine @HI SCOTT NEWMAN

6332_348s_90885361-5056-a348-3aaed6645bcbc06e_600_600auto.jpg

my buddy moved out there for this chick that's like uber rich. I mean UBER rich. he doesn't work & she buys him everything. not my kind of thing but he's living the life.
Lol I guess someone doesn't mind getting paid to live there.

It's very hot in the summer. A lot of the suburban communities from southern California to Las Vegas to Arizona are familiar to one another.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back