Thoughts on matt serra

Be seems like a great guy to have on your side but he’s so obnoxious that no one wants him beside them.

Always was a fun fighter, could be a bit annoying.

I enjoyed watching Lytle beat the piss out of him in their rematch, but that was more due to the fact I liked Lytle a ton as a fighter.

He's fun. I like him, but when he fought I'd root against him (nothing personal, just liked whoever he was facing better)

Genuinely nice guy, in my opinion. Saw him on TUF when I was 14. We were from the same part of NY so I was a fan right away. On the show he said he ran a BJJ gym, which I asked my parents to let me check out. I ended up training there for a couple years. Matt was always there, very present, nice, funny, patient, personable. He was great with kids and a really good teacher.

I remember when he left to go fight GSP the first time. He came back with the belt and showed it to everyone at the school and let us all come up and look at it and hold it. Good times. Kinda surreal in retrospect.

When he was a fighter, he thought he was better than he actually was... now he’s like an obnoxious New York Italian type guy

I've never met him so I really don't have an opinion on him.

He's funny as hell.
"If you drop to one knee, he can't kick you"

He's got a true New Yorker personality.

Genuinely nice guy, in my opinion. Saw him on TUF when I was 14. We were from the same part of NY so I was a fan right away. On the show he said he ran a BJJ gym, which I asked my parents to let me check out. I ended up training there for a couple years. Matt was always there, very present, nice, funny, patient, personable. He was great with kids and a really good teacher.

I remember when he left to go fight GSP the first time. He came back with the belt and showed it to everyone at the school and let us all come up and look at it and hold it. Good times. Kinda surreal in retrospect.

Wow thats really cool!

He had a close fight with Hughes, so deserves some respect just for that.

Back