Thoughts on Lesnar - Couture

RawHawg

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Did anyone have Couture ahead until the stoppage? Do you think if Lesnar didn't ko Randy, Randy would have won on points? I have heard fighters like Don Frye and a few others say that they found that fight suspicious looking, and said that they felt Randy was the far better wrestler and was not performing up to his ability.

There was absolutely nothing suspicious about that right

It seemed straigtforward. Granted I watched it ten years ago but I though lesnar was in control the whole fight

There was absolutely nothing suspicious about that right

I didnt think so either, so I was surprised not only Frye but a few others pro fighters pointed to that fight as possibly shady

I recall Couture saying afterward that when Lesnar nailed him with the strike that stopped him, it felt like getting hit with a loaded steel lunchbox

Gonna make me go and re-watch a fight I hated the outcome of. Fuck you TS.

<mma3>

Randy was holding his own for a while.

That fight put Brock over huge.

*opens up a fresh can of Monster Ultra Zero*
*sips*

Ahh yess Couture-Lesnar.. what a great fight.. brings back good memories

0cc.jpg

A 290 pound specimen landed a brick sized right hand on the temple of a 230 pound undersized man.

Nothing very suspicious about that right, this is almost as bad as people that were saying the Weidman/Silva KO was suspicious.

He was doing great. Randy used his great Greco - Roman wrestling until he decided to stay in the pocket and trade

nothing suspicious...but the result seems to have a lot of people forgetting how well Randy did against a much younger and MUCH bigger guy.

Fedor should have fought Randy.

That's a fight all of the fans missed out on.

So weird. I was just showing this fight to my non-MMA fan friend yesterday. I didn't remember how well Randy actually did up until the KO. He was actually holding his own in the clinch along the fence. It was no Randy/Gonzaga, but he did pretty well considering he was way undersized and about 12-15 years older than Lesnar

Frye said that as a wrestler himself, he felt that Couture had openings he was intentionally not taking, under-performing and under-wrestling on purpose to help Lesnar, etc. He felt this was very obvious.

Did anyone have Couture ahead until the stoppage? Do you think if Lesnar didn't ko Randy, Randy would have won on points? I have heard fighters like Don Frye and a few others say that they found that fight suspicious looking, and said that they felt Randy was the far better wrestler and was not performing up to his ability.

Don Frye talks mad shit about Lesnar every chance he gets. His opinion is so biased against Lesnar for being a pro wrestler that you can't take anything he says about the matter seriously.

the funniest thing about that fight to me was how Couture was able to easily wrestle with Lesnar and how weird it was that Lesnar was choosing to strike with Couture.

i thought for sure Brock would be better at the wrestling given his size, and Couture better at the striking given his experience.

I thought lesnar plan was to tire couture out but just letting him work. I think that y it looks like couture was having success. I watched that vid long time ago

You mean if Couture got paid to lose on purpose?
I think he was just too old and too small for the roidhead...

I didnt bet too much money on Nunes vs Rousey because I had concerns that Nunes would simply get paid to hold back...
Happens in all sports.... And UFC would really benefit some fighters winning.

Same thing with Nate vs Conor 2...

You never know

Randy was winning then got caught, he wasn't out by any stretch like he was against chuck. I thought it was an early stoppage because he was defending himself. Could have went a little longer.

Randy was def letting Brock work a bit early and then BOOm he got hit

Fedor should have fought Randy.

That's a fight all of the fans missed out on.
I loved Randy, so for his sake during Fedors prime, I'm glad he didn't.

Back