Thoughts on khabob refusing connor rematch

It seems like Khabib truly doesn't care about the money anymore, so he would just be helping Conor and the UFC with the rematch plus he already fought him once so the ducking thing is just used by trolls (Conor included) to try to get him to fight

I really think that Dana White didn't make good job. I sell shit and even the guy like Dana who made great company sometimes can't find another angle.

If I'm talking to Khabib than I would tell him straight this. You have this chance to earn so much money, this is your time, life time opportunity to earn so much money but not because it's money but what you can do with it. You mentioned humanitarian work in poor part of Africa and you have there a lot of examples of that kind where you can help people. They would be grateful. So, you can bring them water for drink that they have all time or anything else which would be really something good for these people... That's more than just a fight!

And about competition than I would tell him this. You have a chance to finish this guy you don't like if you beat him second time than there is nothing else to prove. Now he has excuses that he wasn't focused, prepared and all of that, he's still very popular and if you leave the game in your prime than he'll take everything that you work for. You have a chance now, don't regreat later that you didn't take it.

That would be my approach and from both sides it would make Khabib to think about and later to say. Man you're right!

Even, my man is Conor. I respect Khabib a lot. And I just think that focused and prepared Conor versus best version of Khabib needs to confront. That's epic when you watch match up and skills. And don't get me wrong Khabib won first time because he deserved it but Conor wasn't normal him. Drinking, hunging around with bums, too much talk and in the ring without strategy and flat footed. I want to see active and disciplined Conor in best shape against Khabib in best shape. That would be pure MMA art and let the best man win!

I'm happy to speak on this new subject, but let's acknowledge that you just changed it.

Okay, this new subject... let's break it down in three ways: the sport of fighting, the business, and the game of rankings and records.

In terms of sport, Conor appears to clearly be the best fighter in the division after Khabib. He'd further cement that with an impressive win over Dustin. Furthermore, the first fight between Conor and Khabib speaks well towards success Conor would likely have in the rematch. Conor outstruck Khabib at distance, he defended most takedowns, and won most completed rounds, in a fight where Conor was at his worse and Khabib was at his best; Conor's injury and poor preparation are well documented at this point.

In terms of the business, it's a no-brainer. It's by far the biggest fight, and would make Khabib the most money possible.

In term of your game of rankings and records, Conor's case is less clear. But he'd still have the strongest of any other contender with a win over Dustin, perhaps except for Charles Oliveira.

Try and think of other fighters who are better options in these categories. In terms of sport, you could make a good case for other wrestlers; Kevin Lee, Usman, Colby, Khamzat, GSP. You could make a good case for submission threats with superior striking to Khabib, like Tony Ferguson and Charles Oliveira. I also think Wonderboy's elusive striking style could be a problem for Khabib. In terms of business, Conor wins. In terms of rankings and records, again there's Oliveira, and there are WW challenges.

Conor/Khabib II definitely holds intrigue for Khabib. He's by far the biggest fight. He's among many potential tough matchups for Khabib. And for your game of rankings and records, he's #1 or #2 in the LW division along with Oliveira.
I stopped reading after you claimed Conor was injured and unprepared. I simply do not believe that, in fact his coaches have said otherwise directly proceeding the fight. I also have yet to see any evidence at all of any sort of injury. If you have anything to support this claim I would gladly take a look and possibly change my opinion but it’s been over two years and no one has provided anything as far as I’ve seen.

If you have anything to support this claim I would gladly take a look and possibly change my opinion but it’s been over two years and no one has provided anything as far as I’ve seen.

Here is your evidence. You can clearly see how hobbled he is. It is amazing that he actual went through with the fight.

Dana should have offered Khabib the following and it would have had the best chance of materialising a rematch between them.

Dana: Khabib I will give you the GSP legacy fight no matter what GSP's demands are and IF you happen to lose then you MUST rematch Conor at 155.

So either way it's a win/win for UFC and extra motivation for Khabib to beat GSP.

He's not ducking you. He'd fight you. You're just low down on his list of priorities.

Conor is the #1 fight for Khabib, but Khabib's saying no.

Why would Khabib be ducking a guy whose cunt he’s already kicked in? Does this mean Khabib needs to fight everyone he’s already beat again because they demand a rematch otherwise he’s ducking them? What planet are you on?

tumblr_pg7qjdLzJP1rofocqo1_500.gif

"Khabib, why did you choke me out?"

Because I was scared

He's not ducking you. He'd fight you. You're just low down on his list of priorities.

Conor is the #1 fight for Khabib, but Khabib's saying no.
No. Khabib is running businesses and raising kids now. I'm here. I'm a young hungry lion. Pussy Conor's can't handle a real threat.

There's no need for a rematch because Khabib beats him every time. Khabib's combination of chin, striking defence and wrestling is too much for Conor

Why would Khabib be ducking a guy whose cunt he’s already kicked in? Does this mean Khabib needs to fight everyone he’s already beat again because they demand a rematch otherwise he’s ducking them? What planet are you on?
He'd duck him out of fear of losing.

No, his ducking of Conor has nothing to do with the fact that Conor's "demanding" a rematch. Thus other fighters could demand a rematch and Khabib wouldn't necessarily be ducking them. Khabib's ducking of Conor is simply down to him not taking the fight because he doesn't wanna lose.

Conor is the biggest money fight. He'd be clearly the top contender with a win over Dustin. He's clearly the next best fighter (if not just the best). And Khabib has long spoke about wanting to hit 30-0. Conor outstruck Khabib on the feet, defended most takedowns, won most completed rounds, and all while being severely limited by camp and injury circumstances. It's pretty obvious Khabib is ducking Conor. He's praying Dustin beats him, just like Aldo prayed for Mendes to beat him.

Who is Khabob TS? lol

I think Khabib would duck because if he lost to Conor there would be no way he could live with that and he doesn't even want to chance that.

I don't consider myself a Khabib fan, but he destroyed Conor.... and since Khabib never fought for the fame nor for the money, why would he rematch Conor? He won, fair and square.

He retired because he did all he wanted. Why rematch Conor? Especially since he retired. People need to stop with this story line. What he need to do is give away the belt, and we can move on.

If and big if, connor walks through Dustin and wins the LW belt against someone and Khabib refuses to fight connor, who would be the clear cut number 1 contender or actually champion again, would that be considered a duck?

I think it would be because this thing about khabib promising his mother to never fight again is nonsensical when he's still DMing GSP as late as last week about a potential fight. Not much of a blood oath familial promise if you would break it for one fight but not another.

And if everything goes as planned, Mcgregor 2.0 or 3.0 whichever you consider him would look pretty beastly and deserving of a rematch and just as in the first fight, we think Khabib would win but you can't say for a fact connor can't flash KO him. So the fact he beat connor once doesn't mean a rematch isn't warranted.

Incoming duck confirmed

Olivera will be Champion and Conor will tweet boxing challenges.

Khabib retired. Believe him.

He'd duck him out of fear of losing.

No, his ducking of Conor has nothing to do with the fact that Conor's "demanding" a rematch. Thus other fighters could demand a rematch and Khabib wouldn't necessarily be ducking them. Khabib's ducking of Conor is simply down to him not taking the fight because he doesn't wanna lose.

Conor is the biggest money fight. He'd be clearly the top contender with a win over Dustin. He's clearly the next best fighter (if not just the best). And Khabib has long spoke about wanting to hit 30-0. Conor outstruck Khabib on the feet, defended most takedowns, won most completed rounds, and all while being severely limited by camp and injury circumstances. It's pretty obvious Khabib is ducking Conor. He's praying Dustin beats him, just like Aldo prayed for Mendes to beat him.

You got me, you're trolling. Well played.

Back