Thoughts on grappling dummies

beat...people...up?

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Since I got injured a few times this year I see the value of having one (also, my girlfriend is tired of me trying to practice on her--a common experience, I assume).

I'm trying to get over the weirdness/creepiness factor of it. Side note: I wonder if AI will soon enable us to create a highly realistic grappling dummy the way we've done with sex dolls or if that's too dangerous? Also, side note, I do love the idea of being able to say "I'm going to go play with my doll now" and make prolonged eye contact with whomever I'm talking to. When I DID have dolls as a child I use to violently beat them against my tree house until their heads rotated all the way around. Yes, it's a good thing I found jiu jitsu.

Anyway! I've just gotten over the psychological hurdle in real time, I think.

The monetary hurdle is tougher. I can't justify spending a ton of money on something I won't use much. So, is there one that is affordable? That allows you to practice a variety of techniques? That I can store in my (walk-in) closet and so avoid terrifying visitors to my home? What models are good? Should I just not bother? Can I rig something up myself? I have so many questions. Help.

Its a miracle you have a girlfriend... There's dummies out there for ground and pound and slamming but thats about it. I would imagine that making a realistic dummy with human like resistance would be expensive and quite pointless since you can just roll with your friends or bjj class. There's dummies for medical schools but i doubt that they are commercially available.

The no name ones are very affordable, they usually come empty though.

Only branded ones like Fairtex are expensive and as far as I can tell they aren't much better.

Im going to be making one eventually, even though it will cost me about the same as buying one. Think I could make a more life size and heavy one.

Only the very expensive wrestling dummies (the kind as tall as a real person and without legs) seem to be realistically heavy.

The kind aimed at jiu jitsu folk are more like a child/petite woman in weight and size.

I hope to make one that is around 180lb and 6ft tall.

I do really want to buy a dummy for ground and pound, but they are really expensive, like 180 euros.

It's never too late to seek help they say. Good luck my man.

id like 2 types one for takedowns and one for ground grappling

the takedown one can be light just something that stands ina hunch that simulates a person t practice shooting in like the snap and shoots tied to the wall

I do really want to buy a dummy for ground and pound, but they are really expensive, like 180 euros.

for ngp u can use a heavy bag tbh u dont have t have a body for it due to u not actually grabbing them during a lot of pros just beat on the bag

Bit of GHB in someone's drink and there you have it........a real life grappling dummy.........

Back