Thoughts on Death by China documentary?

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by yendor28, May 14, 2014.

1. yendor28

yendor28 Brown Belt

Anyone seen this:

Death by China 1 minute preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0VjwU8cWEw

I watched the full version. Do you think this is propaganda or did you take it seriously?

I am sure there is a lot more to the story although I agree with the basic concepts that seem economics to me. It looks to be a messy finish though.

ie

dominant player (US) undercut by cheaper competitor (China) who uses brute force labour advantage. China then builds know how/efficiencies using US IP.

Jobs worldwide evolve from low skill to high skill (from factory worker to IT worker for instance).

Underpinning this is some finance decisions. Eg. The currency interplay and the big one DEBT. How long can CHina subsidise underperforming businesses until they can compete naturally?

2. Spycho

Spycho Black Belt

The trailer alone made me depressed.

3. Videer

Videer Black Belt

It is propaganda and not very good at it.

4. thecreator

thecreator Blue Belt

It is up to the companies where their factories are located, and it is up to the consumers which companies to buy from.

Last edited: May 15, 2014
  5. z_zen

z_zen Green Belt

Certainly it can't be the US at fault for failing to compete. It's got to be some one else.

6. IDL

IDL Gold Belt

Yeah if you make the trade policies and laws/regulations to encourage relocation, then people will relocate.

The people at the top who write all the policies know exactly what the end result is.

7. Sir Burton

Sir Burton Anthropological Society of London

The economic aspect got my attention but I actually started to laugh with the graphics during the "Chinese military buildup" sequence.

China's army has been on parade for the past 10-15 years, not for us, but rather its neighbors and ethnic groups within the PRC. They, like any prideful nation (see all), need to show the rest of the world that they can take care of internal conflicts swiftly and effectively.

8. Chesten_Hesten

Chesten_Hesten The Wiener of Steel

If the documentary doesn't include what's happening in China and the ramifications of their economic environment, then the doc, leans toward propaganda.

9. 5crew

5crew Black Belt

It's always someone else fault, never ourselves.

10. Gervinho

Gervinho Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

More of American workers being greedy and want liveable wages or whatever that means:icon_neut

11. yendor28

yendor28 Brown Belt

Interesting take -

I thought it was very good. Yes it provided only one anti china view where I feel it could have been better to provide both sides yet I agree with most of the points made. (and with the poster saying the military part was not well done).

I do believe the US is responding although it takes a long time to change course with a big ship.

12. RSmith47

RSmith47 Brown Belt

It's not really worth watching since it takes about 5 key points and beats them to death for about an hour and a half. But....the documentary wasn't just about blaming China. It was more about blaming the US government for allowing China to take advantage of us. Our politicians are in bed with big business and they sold American on the idea of us manufacturing and China buying, when the politicians knew all along that all our jobs were going to get shipped over there for cheap labor and no regulations. We as a country got sold up the river by the people we vote in to work for us.

13. Bumble_Bee_Tuna

Bumble_Bee_Tuna I'll sell my soul for a nice pair of hooters

Since the 1970s, there has been a conscious American aim to aid in China's rise and development. Who else had the capability to feed the red dragon to the size it has grown to? No one except the U.S. The National Science Foundation even detailed a report on the Research & Development (R&D) poured into China by the US in the 1990s through 2000, titled, U.S.-China R&D Linkages: Direct Investment and Industrial Alliances in the 1990s. This is arguably the greatest technology transfer from the West to the East, since the US technology transfer to the USSR as detailed by Anthony Sutton.

This article discusses the U.S.'s intentional policy in aiding China's rise. While it perpetuates the all too common line of reasoning of "Well, since the US and China are interdependent, they will not go to war," it does contain a good synopsis of the state of affairs:

The international money masters, banking houses and corporate dynasties have a long tradition of "funding both sides" leading up to wars, conflicts and revolutions, and creating the next boogeyman (much like the US aided the rise of Al Qaeda and the links of the bin Laden family to the Bush family). As Anthony Sutton has detailed, Wall Street supported the rise of the Bolshevik revolution in Russia (thus creating the USSR), and the financing of Hitler (thus creating Nazi Germany).

Last edited: May 19, 2014
  14. SuperGNP

SuperGNP Red Belt

set the clock back 20 years and substitute China for Japan and you can hear Lee Iacocca narrating this documentary.

It's virtually impossible to conceive the idea that America's demise is self-inflicted. We must blame someone else.

And now that I am on the subject, looking north I see a Canadian middle class that has surpassed our own. Canada with their clean air and water, good education, low crimes, high standard of living, and all we get in return for helping them strive is Justin freakin Bibba?