thoughts about the movie concussion, in light of fights

ScottNM

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
No sure many have seen the movie "concussion" which is about mental damage long term from taking hits with not enough helmet protection basically. What do you think about our Heroes of old and how they may fair? and is there a solution for our love of this sport?

I dunno, Ill check it out and come back later man. Is it on youtube ?

I can't think of a movie I'm less interested in seeing

Worst accent since Cage in ConAir..
Or maybe Keanu in Devil's Advocate..
Hmm

Who cares about your mental health when you're like 50+? That's old as f anyways. You're probably f'ed up regardless of brain damage. I don't even plan on living that long.

Living it up while young and hitting your peak is definitely worth it.

Never seen it, but of course concussions are a terrible part of the sport.
I`ve been a martial artist for 35 years, and I know that concussions have effected my life, and not for the better.
We always sparred hard, and I`ve been KOed more than once.
Now, I feel the effects.
We didn`t know the risks back then.
At least this movie will help bring the issue to light and add to the conversation.

I'd hate to see any fighter or athlete suffer serious brain damage or injury, but at the end of the day they know exactly what they're getting themselves into. Much respect to the guys who fight for my enterainment.

Concussion is about football but obviously fighting has it too. I mean look at all the retired boxers with Alzheimer. At the end of the day, they know what they getting into and it's their choice. Judo/bjj gets arthritis and messed up fingers. MMA fighters probably gets the worst especially with those baby gloves. Again, it's their choice.

As for the movie, I actually loved it. I didn't really want to watch it after reading the synopsis but everything else seems worst so I gave it a try. And boy did I like the movie. Will Smith was great. I learned a lot. Racist money hogging NFL execs. I find it amazing how recent this event was and how ignorant Americans are. I was never a fan of football and this movie made me hate football even more. NFL execs and American football fans are the worst. I love watching them fight in the parking lot over their team or jersey. Ignorant football loving muricans.

If you haven't watched, you should watch it to see how ignorant and greedy Americans are.

Less of a problem in MMA. They do take some hard hits but for the most part they take way less than boxing and way way less than football

Yep lots of mma people are gonna get cte for sure

Who cares about your mental health when you're like 50+? That's old as f anyways. You're probably f'ed up regardless of brain damage. I don't even plan on living that long.

Living it up while young and hitting your peak is definitely worth it.

Captain Dumb Fuck arrives on the scene!

Don't bring that crap to MMA m8.

If you have a problem go watch some more terrible Will Smith movies or Wimbledon or something more suited for you.

Have a good one and don't let the door hit you on the way out... You wouldn't want to get a concussion am I rite?

Concussion is about football but obviously fighting has it too. I mean look at all the retired boxers with Alzheimer. At the end of the day, they know what they getting into and it's their choice. Judo/bjj gets arthritis and messed up fingers. MMA fighters probably gets the worst especially with those baby gloves. Again, it's their choice.

As for the movie, I actually loved it. I didn't really want to watch it after reading the synopsis but everything else seems worst so I gave it a try. And boy did I like the movie. Will Smith was great. I learned a lot. Racist money hogging NFL execs. I find it amazing how recent this event was and how ignorant Americans are. I was never a fan of football and this movie made me hate football even more. NFL execs and American football fans are the worst. I love watching them fight in the parking lot over their team or jersey. Ignorant football loving muricans.

If you haven't watched, you should watch it to see how ignorant and greedy Americans are.
Foreign fans fight over the same shit in other countries over "Soccer" and that's a sport where the players flop around when they barely get touched trying to get an infraction on the other team. Soccer a true chicken shit sport. Which it doesn't have to be. But the players made it that way.You would think this flopping shit is rare. Nope. Happens almost every game.

My son switched from football to boxing because he was convinced that boxing was less dangerous (he was also a lot better at boxing). I think that MMA is probably a little less dangerous than boxing but it's hard to tell. I think that what really creates damage is when your head suddenly stops after moving rapidly in one direction leading the brain to bounce off the inside of the skull. This happens a lot in football. Also boxing's rule that after a knockdown you get a 10 count may lead damaged fighters to get repeatedly pounded while MMA's rule that you can GNP a downed fighter brings things to an end before much more damage is done. If I had to guess - it would be football worst, then boxing, then MMA. And of course there are also all the leg injuries in football.

Back