Thoughts about a female 007

They could try to expand the James Bond Universe.

Say they create a female agent and introduce her in a Bond film, like they're doing here.

She could then star in a spin off movie which could feature recurring characters like M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix and maybe Batista as the new Jaws.

The question is, why would anybody care? What's unique and interesting about this character compared to Bond that justifies this character's existence?

Being a woman or being black is not a substitute for characterisation.

There was talk around that with Jinx of course in Die Another Day but I suspect the negative reaction to that film has helped hold back the idea although also it seemed to me that EoN gained back more control of Bond post Brosnan rather than MGM execs. I do tend to think Barbra Broccoli is like Feige a producer genuinely interested in making good films, you could argue its not always entirely come off but the Craig Bond's have I think always atempting to be more than just the competent blockbusters of the Brosnan era.

My guess is though this character has been written to be what she is, a supporting role for Bond to play off of not a future lead character. as you say what people want out of a lead character is very different and I think Craig's Bond especially highlights that modern audiences tend to love the "vulnerable hero" moreso than just the charismatic anti hero.

Although I think the ironic thing with Mary Sue's is that there female characters written like badly done male heroes from the past when in reality alot of modern male heroes like Craig's Bond, Tony Stark, etc actually owe alot of their nature to female characters of the past IMHO. I think James Cameron especially really did alot to create the current taste for realistically vulnerable heroes and alot of how he did that was via female leads who audiences would be more willing to accept in that fashion at the time.

Female 007? Didn’t we already do Atomic Blonde?
We did, and i liked it more than some Bond movies

But some people in the industry are obsessed with force their social propaganda bs in already existing and estabilished brands, aggressively pushing with "you can't get what you're used to, you must change" instead create new stuff that tell their values and let people chose to watch it instead classic ones

Nobody complain when new movie/series have a black/woman/whatever lead
Motherfucking Matrix was supposed to have black lead as Neo (Willy Smith) and nobody should have complained

The negative reaction of people is not necessary from angry incels (even if of course, they're the most mad at this) but from anybody tired of have their entertainment products infested by political bullshit, wich sometimes even end up ruin said products giving inferior performance in the name of "values"

I liked Elba's reaction, dude realized these things are an artificial confrontation that generate negativeness and wanted none of it.
He's a great actor and if he get a Bond-like role he will surely do great, without need to get himself involved in controversial bullshit

Is she still gonna bang 10/10 females? Cause that's a big part of the character.....

This is how u make a movie that shows progressive ideas while keeping its core viewers.

Hell I would be down with 007 slapping villain girls around... You can even take the classic martini away for popping a bottle of wine before vigorous scissor action.

We did, and i liked it more than some Bond movies

But some people in the industry are obsessed with force their social propaganda bs in already existing and estabilished brands, aggressively pushing with "you can't get what you're used to, you must change" instead create new stuff that tell their values and let people chose to watch it instead classic ones

Nobody complain when new movie/series have a black/woman/whatever lead
Motherfucking Matrix was supposed to have black lead as Neo (Willy Smith) and nobody should have complained

The negative reaction of people is not necessary from angry incels (even if of course, they're the most mad at this) but from anybody tired of have their entertainment products infested by political bullshit, wich sometimes even end up ruin said products giving inferior performance in the name of "values"

I liked Elba's reaction, dude realized these things are an artificial confrontation that generate negativeness and wanted none of it.
He's a great actor and if he get a Bond-like role he will surely do great, without need to get himself involved in controversial bullshit

I think the reverse is true, people like say James Cameron actually believed in the politics they included in their films, someone like JJ Abrams is essentially apolitical and will just use it as a promotional tool.

Thats what the current "wokebuster" trend is based on, the kind of tokenism that politics has focused so strongly on over the last 15 years were someones sex/race/etc is pushed more than whether they have any substance behind them.

I think its obvious to see why as well, politics went in this direction because the establishment wanted to seem progressive whilst actually supporting the status quo, cinema has done the same because it sees its a way to sell films without quality. Whether the Ghostbuster remake was actually any good or not or whether it had any politican substance to it isnt the way it was sold, it was sold based purely on representation.

The trouble is you have a mix of this cynical way of working and blockbuster cinema that does have some genuine substance to it.

Something else to consider is that Bond's life is a make fantasy.

Gorgeous women, exotic locations, flash cars, gadgets...

I don't think a female equivalent would have the same appeal to women, and men would rather watch Bond.

The real trick would be to create a character who is unique enough not to be viewed as a weak imitation if Bond, but who is compelling for audiences to want to watch. She would need to compliment and contrast Bond in ways which create dramatic tension between them without her just existing in his shadow.

The reality is that if they tried to create such a character, you know these 2 things would happen.

1) They would both want each other and she wouldn't put out. She would hold that power in their relationship. Bond would show frustration, even desperation.

2) Half of the dialogue between them would be her making snarky comments. This is standard for a Mary Sue.

The last few weren't really James Bond movies to me anyway, just action movies with Daniel Craig.

Could've atleast used a hot women though...

In real life female spies are borderline hookers. They sleep with men to get and steal info. Atomic Blondes and Salts with skinny women beating up men do not exist. Watch videos of female police officers getting their asses kicked every day only to be saved by their male partners.
It’s not James Bond, they knew they couldn’t make Bond a female. That’s not who the character is. So they are making Atomic Blonde with a Black Women. I’ll pass. Same reason I don’t watch Fast and Furious movies....I’m ok with non reality to a point, but too much is an insult.

Haha, couldn't be more Woke, could it!

I'm not a Bond fan at all to be honest so this won't even be a blip on my radar. A black male Bond would've been great actually, that's something believable and would be quite cool but a black female Bond is completely jumping the shark. Wouldn't be surprised to see this tank completely in the box office and be a one-and-done affair.

They could try to expand the James Bond Universe.

Say they create a female agent and introduce her in a Bond film, like they're doing here.

She could then star in a spin off movie which could feature recurring characters like M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix and maybe Batista as the new Jaws.

The question is, why would anybody care? What's unique and interesting about this character compared to Bond that justifies this character's existence?

Being a woman or being black is not a substitute for characterisation.
I think you will find many people now a days who believe what you are is vastly more important than who you are.

Should cast a female not as a female james bond but as the original male bond, why have barriers? Why cant a female play the original sean Connery bond character? RIP sean connery, the best bond

They should show the open credits of Daniel Craig going to a plastic surgeon and having surgery to become a black female. It's his most dangerous assignment yet. The only way for him to get inside the iranian government.. Is for Hassan Rouhani to get inside him. *cue James bond music*

I don't really care, but I think enough people would be incensed that it would be a bad move.

I wanted Elba, not because of his skin colour, just I think he's a great actor and would nail the part. If it does get a woman I hope she's a massive chauvinist lesbian forcing women to explore their sexuality. Bond has done that to lesbians before, would be cool to see it flipped to homosexuality between sexy ladies.

I reckon you'd get the fan base on board to a degree with that.

Something else to consider is that Bond's life is a make fantasy.

Gorgeous women, exotic locations, flash cars, gadgets...

I don't think a female equivalent would have the same appeal to women, and men would rather watch Bond.

The real trick would be to create a character who is unique enough not to be viewed as a weak imitation if Bond, but who is compelling for audiences to want to watch. She would need to compliment and contrast Bond in ways which create dramatic tension between them without her just existing in his shadow.

Its definitely true that Bond has never been about making a realistic spy thriller, maybe the first couple of Connery films were slightly in that direction but really its always been about a glamour fantasy. Nothing wrong with that at all IMHO and honestly I find the Craig Bonds have aged far better than the Bourne films they were accused of nicking from, much more charisma and personality to them.

As far as audience gender goes I would argue Bond has always probably had a bigger female audience than most action thrillers and that the Craig Bonds especially seemed aimed at growing this. I mean the look of the Craig era films is basically like a Gucci advert, its not middle aged mans idea of style ala the Moore era its high fashion clothes, hotels, locations, etc. Plus Bond himself ontop of muscle bound swimming trunks shots has basically become the ultimate unobtainable romantic man, a wounded tiger who has loads of casual sex but only opens up emotionally to "the one" like Vespa or Swan.

I don't think a "kickass mary sue" is going to have the same kind of appeal, they'd be better off aiming more for a Bond universe version of someone like Black Widow. Keep things glamourus but actually give her some emotionally depth/weakness.

Last edited:
If I remember the source material correctly, the double zeros were earned by completing two very difficult missions. So she is not taking his number, she is taking credit for his accomplishments too.
But I guess they dont give a shit about the source material.

Maybe James Bond will marry this woman so she will have the Bond last name to continue his legacy.

Or she's secretly a love child of one of Bond's many womanizing...so she legit has Bond blood in her and will take up the (wo)mantle from there

Every Craig BOND has Bond momentarily deserting MI6; if cliched, the story is likely she took over his number when he was out longer than "usual" but he's come back. I suspect Craig pushed for Bond's death as his swan song, and this "erstwhile replacement" is sort of a double-blind. I wouldn't put it past EON to troll-market the idea of the next film starring this hideous woman, which was similarly teased back before the original release date. This seems according to script.

There are rumors EON may resort to crowdfunding the next one, so yeah there's no changing horses that drastically midstream.