Thoughts about a female 007

Not sure if a thread was started, but did a quick search and didn't find one:

Last summer brought the news that the upcoming No Time to Die will strip James Bond of his "007" title and instead give it to a new character played by Marvel actress Lashana Lynch, marking the first time that a woman or a black character has been 007. Though the reports spread like wildfire, Lynch never addressed them in the public sphere and let the news spread. Eventually it was confirmed that her character Nomi would have "00" status, but what number would accompany that was still up in the air. Now Lynch has confirmed the news, opening up on what brought her to the part and how she handled the negativity by some sections of the internet to the news.

"A character that is too slick, a cast-iron figure? That’s completely against what I stand for," Lynch said. "I didn’t want to waste an opportunity when it came to what Nomi might represent. I searched for at least one moment in the script where Black audience members would nod their heads, tutting at the reality but glad to see their real life represented. In every project I am part of, no matter the budget or genre, the Black experience that I’m presenting needs to be 100 per cent authentic."

And Lashana Lynch talking about the rasical aspect of it:

Lynch also opened up about the vitriol that happened online after it was first reported that her character would be the new 007 as it revealed yet another ugly side of the internet that shows no signs of having a bottom.

"I am one Black woman – if it were another Black woman cast in the role, it would have been the same conversation, she would have got the same attacks, the same abuse," Lynch added. "I just have to remind myself that the conversation is happening and that I’m a part of something that will be very, very revolutionary."

https://comicbook.com/movies/news/no-time-to-die-star-lashana-lynch-confirms-her-character-007/

She's not the new 007. She's a side character in a James Bond film where he disappears or some shit and she termporarily takes the 007 moniker until he comes back. It's just a codename. She's not replacing him in the film franchise.

They could try to expand the James Bond Universe.

Say they create a female agent and introduce her in a Bond film, like they're doing here.

She could then star in a spin off movie which could feature recurring characters like M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix and maybe Batista as the new Jaws.

The question is, why would anybody care? What's unique and interesting about this character compared to Bond that justifies this character's existence?

Being a woman or being black is not a substitute for characterisation.

They could try to expand the James Bond Universe.

Say they create a female agent and introduce her in a Bond film, like they're doing here.

She could then star in a spin off movie which could feature recurring characters like M, Q, Moneypenny, Felix and maybe Batista as the new Jaws.

The question is, why would anybody care? What's unique and interesting about this character compared to Bond that justifies this character's existence?

Being a woman or being black is not a substitute for characterisation.

I haven't seen all the James Bond movies...but in any of the previous movies, do they mention the other secret agents like 000-006, or 008 and up?

I haven't seen all the James Bond movies...but in any of the previous movies, do they mention the other secret agents like 000-006, or 008 and up?
Yeah, a few others. I think 006 probably being the most prominent.

A 00 ANTHOLOGY television series would definitely work.

It would be cool if they did it and didn't have her beating up full grown men. Like realistically play up that vulnerability in her and how she works around it. They wont though.

i was ok with Idris Elba, not because it would be a "win for the black community" or that type of thing that people are going crazy about these days, but only because the character has been done many many times and a change would be nice

but to make the character a women?? im not for identity politics

Idris Elba would be a great choice regardless of his colour I'd say. But surely James Bond has to be a man? Are they going to call her James Bond still?

Idris Elba said he doesn't even want it.

“You just get disheartened when you get people from a generational point of view going, ‘It can’t be.’ And it really turns out to be the color of my skin,” Elba explained. “And then if I get it and it didn’t work, or it did work, would it be because of the color of my skin? That’s a difficult position to put myself into when I don’t need to.”
Elba is a smart man, great actor too

Elegant said want none of that bullshit

Idris Elba would be a great choice regardless of his colour I'd say. But surely James Bond has to be a man? Are they going to call her James Bond still?

Maybe Jaime Bond...Jazmin Bond...Julia Bond?

It is just dumb, I could see them swinging it to Idris Elba but this will flop.

It's fine. Why not. I'm reminded of all those dumb whackjobs who lost their shit when they heard there was a female in that last Mad Max movie. She turned out to be the best thing in it.

......Julia Bond?
200.gif

Ughhhh... Who cares...

I just don't want to hear the bitching about how the world is sexist because no one gives a shit.

Cast a hot woman as 0069 and let her fight bad spies nude because they surprised her while she was still in the shower.

Is she still gonna bang 10/10 females? Cause that's a big part of the character.....
she should just fuck a bunch of dudes leaving them hanging and possibly getting one of them kidnapped. lol.

Super slutty spy woman. God it sounds horrible already

Cast a hot woman as 0069 and let her fight bad spies nude because they surprised her while she was still in the shower.

I think there already is something like that though...but have to go to adult only sites

Female 007? Didn’t we already do Atomic Blonde?

I don't care.

they should have used naomie harris from skyfall she looks better than the broad they chose and it is already part of the bond canon.