Thoughts about a female 007

Could literally start a new franchise with a new female character, but they know it wouldn't sell.

Cold hard truth is, by and large, male protagonists in action films are better and more popular.

I'd watch, but with the caveats others have mentioned. She can be 007, but not Bond. I would prefer Idris because he checks all the iconic boxes:
Painfully good-looking, undeniably cool,smart, and oozes masculinity. He is the escapist-fantasy the male target audience day dream of being. Personally I don't see the race thing being a detriment, why would skin color (not physical fitness, age, height, hair color) be the thing that prevents me from identifying with the character?

Rooni Mara was sweet as Hell as lizbeth salander *shrugs*

People can create whatever movie they want and other people can choose whether or not to see it.

The End

Oh, and if they made it realistic with her being female and feminine, like the aforementioned Lizbeth Salander, then it could be fantastic. Make her sexy and use her femininity as a spy. Make her combat style weapons based and surprise attack based. That would 100% work and be appealing.

It is no longer bond at that point. It would be like removing the jedi from a star wars movie. At that point all you have is just a sci fi movie which offers nothing unique to star wars.
Not a good example; THE MANDALORIAN is beloved, and ROGUE ONE appreciated.

To your point, evolution doesn't erase. White Bond is still here; twenty-six films and counting. They'll still be there even if there's a new film with a weird Bond, waving hello inside your head. He's not gone.

Not a good example; THE MANDALORIAN is beloved, and ROGUE ONE appreciated.

To your point, evolution doesn't erase. White Bond is still here; twenty-six films and counting. They'll still be there even if there's a new film with a weird Bond, waving hello inside your head. He's not gone.

But there is Jedi referenced in the mandalorian Yoda has used the force.

So the reference still stands. If you removed those elements then that which is unique to star wars is no longer star wars. It's simply just a sci fi movie that has nothing unique about it.

Now you CAN totally have a star wars movie with no reference or mention of the force or the jedi or anything of that nature. But then there is nothing different about that universe to that of any other future sci fi verse. Those characters and stories even if told well could reside in any other universe with nothing changed because you've decided to omit that which made Star Wars "unique". You have now simply told a sci fi movie and slapped "Star Wars" in the title.

I'd enjoy watching a good movie with a female secret agent as a protagonist. They should stay off the Bond franchise and try to make something new and original. But we all know what it's all about now.
That's the problem, people don't want to see a classic character changed by gender just because. It doesn't fly and reeks of desperation.

If we're worried about making sure girl power is a thing, make new, creative characters for women to play that they can call their own. Making a woman the next Bond, or other superhero characters is lame. Or just stick with Cat woman, Storm, Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn. All great characters. Or make new ones like them.

I've said this in the past, but one thing I like about Daniel Craig's version of Bond is he's more reckless and edgy compared to other Bonds of the past.

to go from that type of character to having it played by a female is gonna be a hard sell.

Fuck a female Bond, Bring Back Bolt!

Muthafucka's Bonded!

Oh, and if they made it realistic with her being female and feminine, like the aforementioned Lizbeth Salander, then it could be fantastic. Make her sexy and use her femininity as a spy. Make her combat style weapons based and surprise attack based. That would 100% work and be appealing.
I mean every single Jame Bond movie has a part where he puts on a tux and seduces an important woman for information. That’s a big aspect of the character and the espionage genre. I somehow doubt they keep that aspect though

Fair is fair because James Bond retired. Therefor he can't be 007 anymore, just like if anyone else retires.

The racial stuff by that actress is dumb though.

I mean every single Jame Bond movie has a part where he puts on a tux and seduces an important woman for information. That’s a big aspect of the character and the espionage genre. I somehow doubt they keep that aspect though
It would be the only way it works.

That's the problem, people don't want to see a classic character changed by gender just because. It doesn't fly and reeks of desperation.

If we're worried about making sure girl power is a thing, make new, creative characters for women to play that they can call their own. Making a woman the next Bond, or other superhero characters is lame. Or just stick with Cat woman, Storm, Wonder Woman or Harley Quinn. All great characters. Or make new ones like them.
Yeah, I wonder if making a series of movies around a modern day Nancy Drew would be a better option. Her stories (and the Hardy Boys) were actually pretty good back in the day. There's enough material to go by (depending on who owns the rights) where it could be a better option than changing up Bond.