Thought You Guys Were Joking About Ronda's Striking Defense

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I just watched the fight. Oh wow. She literally has no defense. Head completely up, hands down.. which guys with good head movement and footwork get away with. She has no head movement and terrible footwork.

I trained for ~2 months over 10 years ago. And my trainers instilled better technique than that in me. That was really, really bad. It's inconceivable that she can train in a boxing club and look like that. Or even an MMA club and look like that.

Also just put her arms up to bat away strikes before attempting, quite lazily, to catch a clinch with her chin straight up.

Like hooks, uppercuts, and straights don't exist.

I agree

This was a real shock

Rondas defense is incredibly pourus but being hit by Nunes seems to really shake people and then their defense becomes one of panic instead of technique, Miesha had a similar reaction to being hit by her although nowhere near as extreme

Last edited:
I agree

This was a real shock

Rondas defense is incredibly pourus but being hit by Nunes seems to really shake people and then there defense becomes one of panic instead of technique, Miesha had a similar reaction to being hit by her although nowhere near as extreme
Nunes wasn't even throwing good strikes. They were telegraphed, slow looping punches with very little power. Those should have been easy to slip or move away from

giphy.gif

Nunes wasn't even throwing good strikes. They were telegraphed, slow looping punches with very little power. Those should have been easy to slip or move away from

I disagree on the power

She seems to have developed good power, once she lands the opponent becomes very fearful of being hit again and loses their technique

Watch the Meisha fight, its up on youtube in HD, once Meisha got cracked she didnt want any more atall and Meisha is super tough she stands and trades with everyone but Nunes had her running or swinging wild haymakers while looking at the floor

But yeah, Ronda has no idea how to slip or move away from a punch, in all her fights shes been hit cleanly but this fight was something else in terms of terrible defense

Gal is the equivalent of a tough man competitor.

Goes in there just wingin, with zero defense.

Complete joke

Check TMZ over the next few days, Rousey's mom will no doubt be eager to discuss Edmond's coaching skills (or lack thereof).

They could've picked a person at random from the crowd and it wouldn't have been much worse, maybe better. But the satisfaction of seeing a bully get beatdown is something different.

They could've picked a person at random from the crowd and it wouldn't have been much worse, maybe better. But the satisfaction of seeing a bully get beatdown is something different.
I honestly think a random person from the crowd would have better boxing than Ronda showed

Back