Thought I'd never say this, but I'm warming up to Chael.

I hated Chael, HATED him during all the Anderson stuff. The trash talking before the first fight, the disrespect and whining after, the cockiness going into the 2nd. He was without a doubt the man I wanted to see punched in the face badly the most in all of mma. Then talking his way to a title shot against Jones like that a weight class up off a loss....

Since that second Anderson fight, he's grown on me. He trash talks, but no longer disrespects opponents. He makes no excuses for his losses nor rubs wins in faces. He seems like a genuinely good guy when coaching fighters and interacting with fans and the media. Then when the trash talking started up again with Wanderlei, I realized just how funny and entertaining it is. Then he turned out to be right on all accounts! His "talking his way into big fights" now looks more like he is willing and wants to fight anyone, anywhere, anytime, and is simply drawing attention from UFC brass if they would be willing to make the decision to make it happen, and to draw fan's attention to watch him and the rest of the UFC warriors fight.

War Chael.

Chael P is the man! I'm glad more and more of you are starting to realize this. it's not like he's just starting to speak so respectfully just to kiss the Brazilians' asses (I would gladly kiss most of the women's asses in brazil); he has been this way from day one. but when it comes time to talk some shit, he talks some shit. he doesn't do it angrily; his words, themselves, just KILL. chael is the total package, and I really hope he has one more solid grudge match before he retires

It seems a straightforward and simple distinction to me. Anyone with a half-way decent bullshit detector should be easily able to distinguish between Chael being honest and Chael bullshitting.

Legal obligations are one thing, but let's not pretend that Wandy did not avoid the test for any other reason that he was anxious he would not pass it. Him not applying for a license until the last minute fits the profile of someone with something to hide. Were he on PEDS, he would have wanted to remain outside of their jurisdiction as long possible so that he could to cycle properly.

Chael himself is a known steroid user, so I can see why his comments about others on steroids would be hard to swallow.

That's quite an accusation.

That's quite an accusation.

There is nothing extraordinary about my statement whatsoever.

He was very public about his TRT usage. Testosterone is a steroid. This makes him a steroid user.

Shogun never makes excuses, he accepts it and moves on. I know Chael didnt beat the best Shogun but he still beat him. I dont like that Chael is loved for doing the samething Vitor is doing. Chael is funny and likeable but im no fan of his and wont be.

Humble of Chael to say. Never thought he was particularly evil or anything.. Just kind of douchey.

and he's right-but Shogun fans would get blasted badly for saying it. Shogun looked absolutely terrible that night. He was like a corpse out there. I strongly believe a rematch would be a completely different looking fight.

It's just his shtick, dude is honest and genuine when not hyping fights.

There is nothing extraordinary about my statement whatsoever.

He was very public about his TRT usage. Testosterone is a steroid. This makes him a steroid user.

There are steroids in my friends anti itch cream.

Guess that makes him a steroid user too. After all that's what's important. The presence of a substance defined as a steroid. How much you take has absolutely no relevance. You know, because that's logical.

I think we'll lump Ron Coleman, Chael Sonnen, and people with eczema all in the same group. Again, because this makes sense.

The Extreme nuthuggers of Wandy/Anderson Silva

Im prolly one of the bigger wandy fans there is and I don't mind the guy, I know its all an act, some stuff I can also see why the people its directed towards get so offended as well tho

i like chael a lot. very humble and nice dude when he's serious, and very entertaining when he wants to be. the main reason i don't publicly cheer him on is how fucking dumb most of his fans are. they aren't as bad now. but they were really bad back in the day.

There are steroids in my friends anti itch cream.

Guess that makes him a steroid user too. After all that's what's important. The presence of a substance defined as a steroid. How much you take has absolutely no relevance. You know, because that's logical.

I think we'll lump Ron Coleman, Chael Sonnen, and people with eczema all in the same group. Again, because this makes sense.

Your answer is only logical if you equate two very different things that have the same name.

The steroid in your friend's anti-itch cream is probably some sort of corti-steroid, which is very different than an anabolic steroid (the ones athletes get into trouble for using).

Testosterone is the anabolic steroid. Every other anabolic steroid is designed to reproduce or mimic the way testosterone affects the human body.

If a testosterone user is not using steroids in the fullest sense of using PEDs to improve athletic performance, then no one is.

Im prolly one of the bigger wandy fans there is and I don't mind the guy, I know its all an act, some stuff I can also see why the people its directed towards get so offended as well tho

Good. You're not an extreme nuthugger than. You're a level headed fan.

you are not blinded by his nutsack in your face like some others around here lol

It's just his shtick, dude is honest and genuine when not hyping fights.

Was he honest and genuine when he was engaging in fraud and money laundering? Was he honest and genuine when he perjured himself before the CSAC?

I'm curious how do you people discern that someone is honest and genuine when you don't know them personally?

It's just weird to me that people act like they know fighters personally and then call fans of other fighters "nuthuggers".

Back