Thought I'd never say this, but I'm warming up to Chael.

m25105

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very hard to not to like a man when he says this.

"Here is what you have to understand. I caught him, I got lucky. That was a lucky move. If we would fight ten more times, I would never catch that move again. But he has never said that. He let me have my 15 minutes of fame. He shut his mouth and walked out. I would do the same thing. But very few guys follow that code. Say what you want before the fight, but when it's done, you accept the result. You let the other guy be happy, if he gets his hand raised, he gets his hand raised. Until this day, 'Shogun ' has never said 'that was lucky' or 'give me a rematch' or 'I didn't feel good'. So, I'll say for him. It was lucky and I don't think that was the best 'Shogun'."

Cheal has been generally respectful when he's not hyping fights.

Chael is a good dude, some people just got butt hurt by his shtick....Overall he wants to help the young fighters and the sport of Mma.

I don't see that happening, not in the near future, but I'll say that's the way he usually acts after the fight is over.

If I remember correctly there's a sig around here, with one of his comments praising Anderson and calling him the MMA goat.

chael is a very reasonable, respectable person when hes not doing his alter-persona. when hes talking seriously/commentating, hes very insightful and reasonable.

i just love the character he plays to hype himself and his fights. but it seems a lot of people cant separate the two

The people that can't separate the two are obviously idiots. He has said nothing but good thing about everyone he fought post fight. He even stated that Bisbing hit harder than anyone has hit him before. I hope he takes over for Dana.

I'm very conflicted on Chael. I'd be fine if all I had to do was recognize troll Chael from real Chael, but then real Chael also started this whole TRT business and tried to commit fraud in his real estate business.

But I love how honest and intelligent he is in interviews.

So conflicted....

He wrecked Shogun with BLACK BELT level Jitz. He's just saying that to make the butthurt Shogun fans quit bothering him. Chael is one of the GOATS

Very hard to not to like a man when he says this.

It's just hard to separate the schtick from the man, because he never stops. Even now that he is fighting Belfort and not Wanderlei, Chael uses his considerable charisma and ability to spin rhetoric to try and crucify Wanderlei as a person and invalidate his entire career. Even if it's just "hyping a fight" when you say these sorts of things from an analyst chair on national TV there are very real consequences.

The reality is, Wanderlei has never failed a drug test and at worst, refused to submit to a random test by the NSAC when he had no legal obligation to submit to such a test by a commission that he was not currently licensed by and had not yet even applied for a license from. Chael meanwhile, has failed a drug test for a testosterone ratio 4 times that of the allowable limit for an athlete (which is already twice the normal persons ratio). Not only were Chael's testosterone ratios way way outside the allowable range for the Anderson fight, which would be illegal even with a therapeutic use exemption for TRT, he had never disclosed or gotten the TUE from California at all. So who is the cheater? If Wandy's wins in Japan mean nothing, what about Shogun or Hendo or all the other Pride legends Chael selectively praises?

In character or not, the guy is a self-righteous hypocrite who will say anything at any time if it is convenient for his interests. This isn't just his hyperbole hyping fights, he bold-faced lied to the CSAC and then to Keith Kizer.

Chael comes off as a very likable person, when he's not promoting his fights.

It's just hard to separate the schtick from the man
It seems a straightforward and simple distinction to me. Anyone with a half-way decent bullshit detector should be easily able to distinguish between Chael being honest and Chael bullshitting.

The reality is, Wanderlei has never failed a drug test and at worst, refused to submit to a random test by the NSAC when he had no legal obligation to submit to such a test by a commission that he was not currently licensed by and had not yet even applied for a license from.
Legal obligations are one thing, but let's not pretend that Wandy did not avoid the test for any other reason that he was anxious he would not pass it. Him not applying for a license until the last minute fits the profile of someone with something to hide. Were he on PEDS, he would have wanted to remain outside of their jurisdiction as long possible so that he could to cycle properly.

Chael himself is a known steroid user, so I can see why his comments about others on steroids would be hard to swallow.

I like "goodguy Chael", love seeing "arrogant self-promoter Chael" get smashed.
no conflict for me.
:icon_lol:

I disliked Chael for about 3 seconds after he talked shit about Okami and then spanked his ass.

Then I came to know Chael for what he is—a good buy behind the scenes who tries to make everybody a bunch of money and who will take bullet after bullet for the UFC.

I gained a ton of respect for him after his first season coaching TUF.
He was damned good and genuinely cares for his guys.

He is also a brilliant fight promoter and entertaining in that role.

Why would I like a known liar and act like because he lies well that he's genuine and a good guy?

You people are the type of idiots that believe in a politician that has been caught in a scandal then goes on to apologize for it act remorseful.

he is sketchy,,,real estate problems, tested positive during Silva 1....Worst is even when he was on a winning steak there was never 1 thread made on the guy his entire career...

It was not until the UFC started doing more fighter tv time that he started his acting lessons that the general dumb public flocked

Back