Thought Bendo/Cowboy should've been a draw

xfire

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
or at the very least a close decision for Bendo, but I leaned more towards a draw

It was a close fight on the stand up but I guess the takedowns are the difference.

I thought Bendo won pretty clearly. Not that Cerrone wasn't game, but getting outstruck every round but getting one takedown shouldn't be enough to win the fight. I doubt anyone is going to make a big deal about this one because Cerrone is more popular than Henderson and the Pendred/Spencer WTF moment, but that was one of the biggest BS decisions in recent history.

or at the very least a close decision for Bendo, but I leaned more towards a draw

I had it for cowboy by SD but it was very close . Only reason I though Cowboy would win was TDs and his constant pressure .

I had Bendo winning the last 2 rnds, but in such a close fight 1 of them should have showed some urgency and finished strong

I had it for cowboy by SD but it was very close . Only reason I though Cowboy would win was TDs and his constant pressure .

you judge it and you end up in SD? how many are you? lol

you stupid shite

Sucks for Bendo but i honestly think cerrone won that match with that takedown. If bendo would have at least tried for a takedown he could probably could've gotten a draw.

Haven't seen the fight metric but imo Cerrone got out struck pretty clearly. I think the wrong decision was made but I like Cowboy so it isn't all bad.

I also thought the judges would be split on such a close fight. I still think Cowboy landed the best counters and attacks of the fight.

First, it should have been 5 rounds. Top 10 guys need more than 3 rounds.

And yes, it was a close, competitive fight, and could have easily been a draw, IMO. Perhaps it should have been a draw more than anything else. But really, if there absolutely has to be a winner, it wouldn't have surprised me much if it had gone either way.

I guess Pangi fills out three scorecards each fight, and sometimes disagrees with himself.

Back