Those who thought Cyborg was more "legit" than Ronda are/were hipsters

Oh I would pick her based on physicality, but at the end of the day Cyborg really only has victories over Coenen, with all the rest being sub-par competition. 135 is not the most talent-heavy WMMA division, but it is light years ahead of 145, and so are all the rest.

Yea, I agree her being larger physically would help but even with Cyborgs lack of names on her resume - she has proven to be a very menacing fighter in the fact that noone can even be competitive with her so far in MMA and many people she has faced have only 1 loss or so. Her Mauy Thai skills are legit, she can hang with the best Mauy Thai fighter from her weight-class in Mauy Thai and she has extensive grappling experience too. Cyborg is a very legit fighter in terms of her skill-set.

Cause you don't have an argument against it other than your bias towards muscles and aggressive striking.
Not true. Guys like Hector Lombard only get so far in divisions stacked full of talented and well rounded mixed martial artists. The trouble with the 135lb and 145lb division is that there is no-one with the skillset to even make Cyborg break a sweat. There are a handful that might get out of the first round, but that's it. If Cyborg was fighting the same fighters Rousey was, then your little resume obsession would hold a little more water, but sadly only a couple of UFC fighters had the balls to challenge her. But it looks like you will never see it through anything other than hipster Rousey tinted glasses.

Brock after a few fights had recently beaten Herring, Couture and Mir though unlike Cyborg's best wins mostly being 6+ years ago and possibly dated.

Also I thought McGregor's GOAT hype was mostly in jest until he beat Poirier at least, maybe more people were serious than I thought though lol.

LOL. You bring up Brock beating Couture and you criticize Cyborg for beating up smaller girls? Also, wasn't Randy like 45 years old or some shit?

You seem to have conveniently forgotten that Brock also uses PEDs to beat up on smaller guys. Seems like selective outrage to me.

LOL. You bring up Brock beating Couture and you criticize Cyborg for beating up smaller girls? Also, wasn't Randy like 45 years old or some shit?
I mainly criticize Cyborg for beating up girls with 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 records and no resumes of their own. If she beat up Holly, Ronda, Nunes, Zingano or motivated Tate (as opposed to the last version we saw...) that would be impressive.

I mainly criticize Cyborg for beating up girls with 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 records and no resumes of their own. If she beat up Holly, Ronda, Nunes, Zingano or motivated Tate (as opposed to the last version we saw...) that would be impressive.

Ya, but resumes don't tell the whole story.

Given that the talent pool in WMMA is pretty shallow, Bethe Correia having a resume of 9-0 doesn't really say much.

I will give you that Ronda's is better on paper, but in all honesty, WMMA in general is pretty weak, so it's kind of splitting hairs IMO.

I'm just sad that we all missed out on what could've been a good fight - Rousey vs Cyborg - to me that's the only thing worth contemplating, regardless of resumes, who do you think would win?

There was barely any mention of roids in the OP dummy, her resume sucks roids or not.

You know what's being insinuated, dummy

lol at talking about resume's in wmma

you-wanna-go.gif

594a22b46df88f8a0510ecec58dbc32239e8a298ce57ea725072f3f1400e3f48_facebook

Cyborg has transformed to an extent that makes Ubereem and 19-year old HW Vitor look almost irrelevant.

Cyborg IS Legit.

Name any woman in any organization in any weight class, that you can say 100% confidently will beat Cyborg hands-down, no questions asked.

That is your answer.

Back