Those who thought Cyborg was more "legit" than Ronda are/were hipsters

I'm name calling you cause I've argued with you before and I know how shitty a poster you are.

Also I'm clearly not projecting to the whole population but a specific group "those who thought Cyborg was more legit than Ronda."

What do I mean by legit, I mean credible. Resumes make one credible.
You make ridiculously stupid arguments. I can't even believe you take yourself seriously. Have you had a brain injury?

And learn how to write, you goof.

Can u not read the OP? The way she was/is held up as a worldbeater while having a weaksauce resume, means she was "hyped up" far beyond her resume justified.

Cyborg never had promo after promo made for her by the UFC hype machine. She never had Joe Rogan make ridiculous over the top claims about her ability. She never got placed on stacked cards designed to make her look like a huge draw before she reached that peak.

Cyborg generated her own excitement by beating people up. Granted she may have just been busted for cheating again, but any hype she generated was done purely by herself. Ronda on the other hand had the full power of the UFC's marketing and hype machine behind her to the point that she deluded herself into believing that she could strike with a former world champion boxer. People with an actual clue about MMA knew that her domination wouldn't last for long before she got found out as being limited in her MMA skill set. Hype is for hipsters. You are a hipster.

Last edited:
Cyborg has never impressed me as a fighter, she is mediocre on everything except from strength, size and general toughness. Ronda would beat her at any weight even on a worse day than when she fought Holm.

Didn't read.
fUloVaL-Imgur.gif

I'm not sure what you really mean by more legit....

All I know who i'd pick in a fight, I think Cyborg beats Ronda 90% of the time.

But she's also a cheat so who cares.

Cyborg cheated years ago when she started abusing roids and got caught, she also has messed with a scale to make weight, calls out bigger names in lower weight classes to get her name in the paper when she knows the girls won't be able to fight her because of other engagements. She then runs for the hills when one of them, Holly, accepts the fight, then fails another drug test.. people should stop defending her, she used PEDs to get huge to fight smaller girls.
You hit it right on the head, most of cyROID's fans are just Ronda haters who refuse to accept that she(?) is a cowardly cheat who 'roids up in order to beat up on smaller girls. Dana and ronda had it right when they said she(?) looks like Wanderlei Silva in drag.

I don't really think Ronda's wins are any better than Cyborgs if that's what you mean.
If you knew what you were talking about you would realize Cyborg's wins in the last 6 years are mostly fighters with records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 at the time of the fights while Ronda are not mostly that way.

If that isn't clear enough for you you're too dumb to deserve a reply, but I'll do it anyway. Ronda (and Nunes, Tate, etc) fought much better competition yet people acted like they weren't "real" fighters while the less proven Cyborg who fought worse competition was a "real" fighter. THAT is ridiculous.

Hell, Ronda, Nunes and Tate have all fought women who fight at 145. Cyborg has never fought a heavier women, yet calls women who will not move up to fight her cowards. I talked to a couple of Brazilians, and that shit makes no sense to them either.

If you knew what you were talking about you would realize Cyborg's wins in the last 6 years are mostly fighters with records like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 at the time of the fights while Ronda are not mostly that way.

She has three wins against women with no wins. The winning percentage of her opponents is over 10% lower than Ronda's opponents. 60% of her opponents have fought at a lower weight class, and half of them have fought two weight classes down from Cyborg. Yet she has to cheat to compete against them.

She has three wins against women with no wins. The winning percentage of her opponents is over 10% lower than Ronda's opponents. 60% of her opponents have fought at a lower weight class, and half of them have fought two weight classes down from Cyborg. Yet she has to cheat to compete against them.
And that's with Coenen boosting it up while the *majority* of Ronda's opponents have solid records.

I don't really think Ronda's wins are any better than Cyborgs if that's what you mean.
They aren't really that much better. It's just that people have actually heard of them because the UFC signed up the division.
The fact that Bethe made it to the top of the division is the first part of evidence you need to gauge how bad her competition really was.
The fact that almost none of them were able to avoid being judo thrown and submitted in the first thirty seconds is the second part.
But that's all you need to become the baddest woman on the planet apparently (and once ever in human history).

That's about as logical as saying a school from the SEC (like Alabama or LSU for example) or PAC 12 (Say USC or Stanford) football wins are no better than a school from the MAC (like Western Michigan or Ohio U).

They aren't really that much better. It's just that people have actually heard of them because the UFC signed up the division.
No it's cause they have better resumes than Cyborg's opponents, and some have better resumes than Cyborg herself.

They're kind of in the same pool of "beating up shitty competition while being the only decent fighter in the division" IMO. Ronda walloped part-timers and soccer moms while Cyborg walloped much smaller girls.

Cyborg is certainly waaaaaaaaay tougher than Ronda, although I think that Ronda is legitimately more talented. I see a fight between them going either way, either Cyborg tapping or Ronda getting stretchered out.

Ronda has fought bigger names simply because she fought at 135 in the UFC. prior to that division in that org, she hadn't. but it was that org and division which made the names big. and that's why your argument is build on circular reasoning.

it's not a perfect analogy, but your argument is akin to saying the Pittsburgh Crawfords aren't any good because they never played anyone good.

sadly, we'll never know how good she was, and the forum debaters will love that from now until WWIII.

No it's cause they have better resumes than Cyborg's opponents, and some have better resumes than Cyborg herself.
Ronda's opponent's resumes are solely made up from beating up even worse cans than themselves. Nothing to be proud of really. It's not as if any of them had wins over anyone with any significance. Cyborg would have killed them all if she'd been able to make weight.

Back