Those who thought Cyborg was more "legit" than Ronda are/were hipsters

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
PED issues aside, Cyborg supporters claimed Cyborg was more legit than Ronda the "hype train" yet Ronda's resume is much better and Ronda has fought 5-6 fighters who are the same level or higher than Cyborg's best opponent while Cyborg's resume is full of fighters with records at the time she fought them like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 and her best wins are mostly from more than 6 years ago. The only measure by which Cyborg can possibly be more legit is the often biased "eye test" and that's not actual evidence of anything or ever used as a primary criteria for determining GOAT/P4P status for other fighters.

People just looked for a heroine to save them from the "evil" Ronda but took it to such lengths they completely discarded the normal standards for judging fighters that involve RESUMES, they wanted so badly to rebel against "hype"/the popular thing like hipsters but ended up falling for a more unjustified hype with much less substance. Even fighters like Tate and Nunes have better resumes than Cyborg yet Cyborg was given more respect than them for NO valid reason by these supposedly knowledgeable hardcore fan hipsters.

WAR resumes! Resume bless.

Cyborg is a cheater and a menace to WMMA. She made a career out of taking steroids and beating smaller girls, she should have her license revoked

GyaGX_f-maxage-0.gif

Cyborg habitually takes steroids. Can't make #135, and calls out smaller fighters. That defines cowardice in the fight game. Plus I'm not convinced she's a female.

RON is a former man fighting in a division of real women. She is far worse than Cyborg.

Because it is impossible to think both are legit right? Not sure why you have to think one or the other.

Though I get it you love Ronda and hate Cyborg so you see things only from one side and can't fathom somebody having a different perspective.

Cyborg cheated years ago when she started abusing roids and got caught, she also has messed with a scale to make weight, calls out bigger names in lower weight classes to get her name in the paper when she knows the girls won't be able to fight her because of other engagements. She then runs for the hills when one of them, Holly, accepts the fight, then fails another drug test.. people should stop defending her, she used PEDs to get huge to fight smaller girls.

Because it is impossible to think both are legit right?
You can, I was talking about the "rebel against hype" hipsters who acted like Ronda was the hype and Cyborg is "more" legit.

PED issues aside, Cyborg supporters claimed Cyborg was more legit than Ronda the "hype train" yet Ronda's resume is much better and Ronda has fought 5-6 fighters who are the same level or higher than Cyborg's best opponent while Cyborg's resume is full of fighters with records at the time she fought them like 5-1, 6-1, 6-2, 6-4, 8-6, and 8-7 and her best wins are mostly from more than 6 years ago. The only measure by which Cyborg can possibly be more legit is the often biased "eye test" and that's not actual evidence of anything or ever used as a primary criteria for determining GOAT/P4P status for other fighters.

People just looked for a heroine to save them from the "evil" Ronda but took it to such lengths they completely discarded the normal standards for judging fighters that involve RESUMES, they wanted so badly to rebel against "hype"/the popular thing like hipsters but ended up falling for a more unjustified hype with much less substance. Even fighters like Tate and Nunes have better resumes than Cyborg yet Cyborg was given more respect than them for NO valid reason by these supposedly knowledgeable hardcore fan hipsters.

WAR resumes! Resume bless.
Define "legit". And what context is it applied.

Cause you sound ridiculous.

You can, I was talking about the "rebel against hype" hipsters who acted like Ronda was the hype and Cyborg is "more" legit.

I don't remember it.
Some people were saying that Cyborg could beat Ronda (legit opinion) and maybe that Ronda look unstoppable because WMMA is a joke talent wise (even more legit opinion).
That's about it.

Define "legit". And what context is it applied.

Cause you sound ridiculous.
If that isn't clear enough for you you're too dumb to deserve a reply, but I'll do it anyway. Ronda (and Nunes, Tate, etc) fought much better competition yet people acted like they weren't "real" fighters while the less proven Cyborg who fought worse competition was a "real" fighter. THAT is ridiculous.

I don't remember it.
Some people were saying that Cyborg could beat Ronda (legit opinion) and maybe that Ronda look unstoppable because WMMA is a joke talent wise (even more legit opinion).
That's about it.
Selective memory then, there were plenty who claimed/implied Ronda was a fraud compared to the more "legit" Cyborg.

The people who said Ronda was protected from "real competition" in Cyborg for example.

Cyborg has never really had hype behind her. Ronda has had millions of dollars of hype behind her from the moment she entered the UFC.

1gi00s.jpg

Care to elaborate with more than lol?
Can you not read the OP? The way she was/is held up as a worldbeater while having a weaksauce resume, means she was "hyped up" far beyond her resume justified.

If that isn't clear enough for you you're too dumb to deserve a reply, but I'll do it anyway. Ronda (and Nunes, Tate, etc) fought much better competition yet people acted like they weren't "real" fighters while the less proven Cyborg who fought worse competition was a "real" fighter. THAT is ridiculous.
Name calling shows me that you can't fully example yourself.

You say "people acted like....."

You are projecting what a few people in some threads have said to the whole population. Don't do that. And you still haven't defined "legit".

Name calling shows me that you can't fully example yourself.

You say "people acted like....."

You are projecting what a few people in some threads have said to the whole population. Don't do that. And you still haven't defined "legit".
I'm name calling you cause I've argued with you before and remember how shitty a poster you are.

Also I'm clearly not projecting to the whole population but a specific group "those who thought Cyborg was more legit than Ronda."

What do I mean by legit, I mean credible. Resumes make one credible.

Back