Those who claim the UFC tampers with rankings to make Conor

gspfedkobe24

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Everyone was claiming the UFC moved up Dustin just to make Conor look better...But guess what he is still at #6 wasn't a funny move like many claimed it was. If the UFC was tampering why wouldn't have Siver moved up in ranking instead he fell a spot..... IMO UFC rankings are all pretty justified.

Last edited:
How did Poirier sneak into top 10 in the first place?

And how did Siver sneak into top 10 despite holding victories over zero top 10 guys at 145?

explain rda over khabib in the rankings...

Last i checked he wasnt even in the top 15.

Well, take a look at this:

Champion : Jose Aldo
1 Chad Mendes
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Ricardo Lamas
4 Cub Swanson
5 Conor McGregor
6 Dustin Poirier
7 Dennis Bermudez
8 Nik Lentz
9 Charles Oliveira
10 Dennis Siver

1 Chad Mendes
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Ricardo Lamas
4 Cub Swanson
5 Conor McGregor
6 Dustin Poirier
7 Dennis Bermudez
8 Nik Lentz
9 Charles Oliveira
10 Dennis Siver

Siver was 9th dropped to 10 spot

How did Poirier sneak into top 10 in the first place?

Poirier has a lot of wins against sub top ten opponents. Only one of his total four losses has been a KO (from Conor McGregor). Names like Cub Swanson and Korean Zombie had to grind out a decision to win against him. He's better than journeyman but not quite ready for a title shot either. He has a decent following also, which helps matters considerably. I see no issue with him in the rankings.

Poirier has a lot of wins against sub top ten opponents. Only one of his total four losses has been a KO (from Conor McGregor). Names like Cub Swanson and Korean Zombie had to grind out a decision to win against him. He's better than journeyman but not quite ready for a title shot either. He has a decent following also, which helps matters considerably. I see no issue with him in the rankings.

tumblr_m4441v2wSs1qaa8d1o1_r1_500.gif

Siver was #6 when he fought Cub and he won his two fights after that.

Poirier beated Erik Koch that was a long time top 10 in the division

Siver since moving down to FW beated Diego Nunes that at the time, before UFC introduced the rankings, was a top 10 FW in pretty much all the rankings (Sherdog, MMAWeekly, ...)

1 Chad Mendes
2 Frankie Edgar
3 Ricardo Lamas
4 Cub Swanson
5 Conor McGregor
6 Dustin Poirier
7 Dennis Bermudez
8 Nik Lentz
9 Charles Oliveira
10 Dennis Siver

that's nutty. did the ufc just do that to sell a fight? jesus.

They moved Siver from 13 to 9 just for signing the fight.

Realistically, he shouldn't be top 15.

UFC's ranking system is more of an advertisement than an actual ranking system.

ummmmmmmmm do I have to tell you what is wrong here?

They moved Siver from 13 to 9 just for signing the fight.

Realistically, he shouldn't be top 15.

UFC's ranking system is more of an advertisement than an actual ranking system.

Do you have proof and know who he passed?

Do you have proof and know who he passed?

He probably doesn't but I think there is a thread on here somewhere that does. I remember when Siver signed on to fight Conor someone made a thread about it and showed screen shots of Siver moving up like 3-4 positions just for signing to fight him.

The UFC doesn't archive their rankings probably so they can't be criticized much.

Back