*Those saying it wasn't an early stoppage and TJ was out should watch this Sakuraba video*

He got dropped multiple times and was taking a beating on the ground from an Olympic gold medalist. He was never getting up and was done.

Does he need to be dropped 4 times or go completely limp before the ref steps in?

We all know a fighter can come back after getting rocked. But if we really wanna see a fighter getting dropped multiple times and pounded, looking like he is legitimately hurt, like TJ was, and wait for the KO to happen before stopping the fight, then we should just make it a rule that you can only win a fight if your opponent isn't moving at all, because if he is still moving, how the fuck can you predict whether or not he will come back? You just CAN'T objectively decide if a fighter is done or not as long as he is moving. Factually, you can't.

What people are doing here is simply calling it "too early" because they probably didn't want him to lose. If it was the other guy, they would probably say it was a good call. It is as simple as that. Honestly, let them get murdered in the octagon. Just do it. Unless that happens, we will have these petty discussions forever. Uhh, was it too early? I don't know, you tell me. He got dropped 2 times at least. Tried to remove himself from the situation, failed and kept getting pounded. When the ref stopped the fight he did look pretty wabbled. So, do we wanna see him take more punishment? I'd say yes. Fuck it. I'm fucking tired of whiny sore losers using stoppages to save face. You got dropped and beat like a bitch after acting like you're the man, and now you try to take the victory away from your opponent by claiming bad stoppage. Yes, nobody should save your ass. Let them destroy your brain forever. Out cold. Not one finger moving. That's the only way a fight should be stopped. Let them get punch drunk by the age of 28.

He beat prime Mighty Mouse.

Yeah he got the decision over MM true.

Someone had to beat him eventually and that was a as weak as a victory could possibly get.

In a binary world sure he won but really he was just competitive with him on his 2nd attempt.

He wasn't defending himself though. He was getting hit over and over with his hands down and his head bouncing all over the place, he think is on his ass reaching out for a leg and continuing to get punched while Cejudo took his back. That's not defense.
He got knocked down as he was getting to his feet. No shots landed after the knockdown but ref was stepping in without seeing if he could defend. He was still moving and defending. We all deserved to see a little more. Not just stop it on a knockdown.

why is this an early stoppage but when he got knocked out by Dodson it wasn't? this was WAY worse than when he got knocked out from Dodson, this was some Serra vs GSP 1 level of beating he was putting on TJ.

He got knocked down as he was getting to his feet. No shots landed after the knockdown but ref was stepping in without seeing if he could defend. He was still moving and defending. We all deserved to see a little more. Not just stop it on a knockdown.
Are you blind!? He was flat on his ass folded up trying reach for Cejudo's leg as he spun around him. He was getting battered standing and on the ground, the ref gave him plenty of time.

Another crappy thread my fine fellow.

And no fight means shit compared to any other fight. Comparing stoppages is just an even more convoluted version of mmath.

SAKURABA Vs SMIRNOVAS, THE COMEBACK. One of the best videos i've seen about a MMA fight.

MMA newcomers should watch it too. So they know better who Saku was.

The referee should watch it too, again.

TJ got a chance to keep fighting. And, maybe and most probably, lose more convincingly.

Sak.gif Saku pissed.gif

Fighters have lives and family's and they deserve protection from themselves so they can enjoy the fruits of their labour after their careers are done. T.J. was getting the snot beat out of him and took to many clean, power shots to the head consecutively and the ref stepped in and did his job. It was a good stoppage so let it go..

Back