1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Those EPO residual effects are everything tho

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Gracious Warrior, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Gracious Warrior Orange Belt

I watched a video Chael did this week where he talked about how fuckin lit EPO was for enhancing performance. He said shit was so good you retain the gains you made when you were on it for a while after you stop using. That EPO push was everything for TJ tonight in those championship rounds. He was getting his faced sliced, diced, and gashed and still kept coming with a popped knee and all. But when the gains finally wear off I think he will be bottom top 10 guy.

SOFA KING AWSM likes this.
  2. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

Epo boosts red blood cell production. Thats not gains. It can increase your cardio. But it won't boost your strength level overall. I csnt imagine 2 years later his rblood cell production is still boosted.. assuming he actually went clean

3. jk7707 Silver Belt

Is bad judging a lasting effect of EPO?

4. humdizzle Brown Belt

blood cells live ~3 months

dude has been off epo for 2 years.

MGS, kwijyboy, Stuart0502 and 4 others like this.
  5. Only Here for Attachments Bacon Lettuce and Mayo

Chael is a pathological liar

6. Gracious Warrior Orange Belt

Naw but the gains from the longer training it allows you to do is what remains. Chael said he would come off of EPO and still be feeling good for a while.

SouthSide971 and RogerD like this.
  7. YungSithLxrd Purple Belt

Oh yea bc you've already improved your shape by having the extra energy. To me the technique gains especially in grappling would be the scariest. A beast wrestler with unnatural cardio is a scary thought

Nathan LaMontagne likes this.
  8. JSN Titanium Belt

Chael says a lot of shit.

9. ExitLUPin K

residual effects last 2 1/2 years? USADA was testing him far more during his suspension as well

10. NDiaz209 Green Belt

Like Sandhagen isn't on some suspect shit where a 5ft 11 guy can fight at Bantamweight. Just saying.

11. Dude Incredible Ngannoustradamus

I drank some water and Gatorade and took an aspirin a couple years ago. No wonder I've never gotten hungover again. Now you're telling me it's gonna wear off any day now? FML. #tsandchaelbless.

yougetKTFO and Brit_Brawler like this.
  12. mjfan23 Gold Belt

He’s right according to USADA and ufc. That was same logic they used to give Jones a pulsing exemption lol not only were the effects keeping him physically lit they also kept him boosted in blood tests for years

13. TitoSchaubHighIQ White Belt

1. Chael isn't an expert on anything (he's very entertaining though)

2. Most PEDs have lasting effects. Your body will always be 'upgraded' once you took the stuff. As example, just weekly 250mg of test for 8 weeks will change your body forever. You can't ever be "natural" again and you will always will have an advantadge against people who never took any PEDs.

3. What I wrote in point 2 is a mute point in sports because EVERYONE is on PEDs. Some are just caught and made an example off. It's year 2021 people, and it's time to realize the obvious. Better yet, leave the internet and start doing an sport and you quickly will realize that everyone that competes seriously are on PEDs.

14. Orochimaru 大蛇丸 Silver Belt Platinum Member

People that take steroids are worse when they quit not better lol

15. Kingofthestreets king of the streets

Would it be suspicious if TJ and Usman trained together?

16. honzo Black Belt

You used the words 'a while'. Extremely subjective word that you have interpreted means 'multiple years'.
    I do not agree with your assessment

Moral Victory and West_Hammer like this.
  17. PeacePipe Life is short , be nice to eachother :)

True , a bunch of buys I train with do a cycle every now and then. They all grade up shortly after. You can train everyday like a beast. Never lose those skills gained

18. TitoSchaubHighIQ White Belt

Lets try to educate you (I think I'm going to be wasting my time but anyway)

Once you leave anabolic steroids your hormones are going to be shit for a while (when exactly that's going to happen will depend on the half life of the drugs you were using). BUT your hormones will eventuallly come back to normal, you can accelerate your recover by using SERMS (like tamoxifen) but even if you don't, your body will recover anyway and when that happens you will still have many of the benefits of the anabolic steroids you used.

Lets use a quick example:
    You trained natural for 4 years and brought your power clean to 250 lb
    Then you did anabolic steroids for some weeks and your power clean gone up to 350 lb
    Then you quit the drugs and your body feels like crap for a while but after you recovered you can still
    Power Clean 300 lb

You see, 300 lb is less than 350 lb that you had while on drugs but it's STILL more than you could
    do naturally (250 lb). So you made strength gains above of what you could do naturally and you kept a lot of them.

The same applies to muscle mass. You will gain more muscle on drugs than you could naturally and after you leave the drugs you will still have more muscle than you had naturally (but probably it's going to be less than you had during your cycle).

The same probably applies to psychological effects and many other things but I'm done here.

I Hope you learned something

TriangleMonkey and RogerD like this.
  19. KarateYeah Black Belt

Who trusts Chael?

20. Kha'bless Purple Belt

Given TJ'S pace and activity over the full 5 rounds, makes you wonder why he ever needed EPO? (assuming he's 100% natural now).

Compare that to Jon where when he fought 'clean' all of a sudden he wasn't his 'GOAT' self and just a lanky mediocre fighter with judges helping him.