Thoroughly Debunked:"But Chad gassed cuz 2weeks"- Finally Putting To Rest & More(Vid)

Or maybe...just maybe...those body shots affected Chad more BECAUSE he wasn't in prime shape due to only having two weeks to prepare.

They aren't mutually exclusive you know.

"year round I'm always in shape" -Chad Mendez

This is still being discussed>?

It's one thing to like Conor as a fighter, and enjoy what he brings to the table.

It's another thing to hug his nuts and defend him against EVERY criticism he gets.

Last edited:
Just when I was starting to like Conor for chucking that reebok shirt Dana gave him to wear away...ts goes and makes another fucking imbecile thread and now I gotta hate on Conor again...

Sounds like you are a mental midget if you hate on fighters because of what their random fans do.

[Yt]Q86V9-Ck0RI[/MEDIA]

Great video. Enjoy. Conor haters get put on blast and embarresed. All the excuses to downplay Conor' win thoroughly and systematically dismantled (much like what Conor has done to ever one of his opponents in the cage skill wise)

p.s
Crazy enough, based on what I was seeing before the fight, it was: "Mendes is going to expose Conor. Mendes looks in great shape while Conor looks drained"....

:redface:

TS, if I've learned one thing this past month, it is people are too emotionally attached to see truth. Between Ronda can crushing and being hailed as the greatest fighter of all time and Conor convincingly beating a legit world beater in Chad and being hailed a can, I have given up entirely on trying to convince anyone of anything...people think they are too smart, their heart has already made the decision for their mind.

Thanks for the all the posts, appreciate your passion & intelligent assessment. Beware tho, morons will speak their mind more regularly and loudly than those that appreciate you and the human mind.

Video is slightly biased (which the haters will use to discredit everything) but it's good.

1. Who the shit called Chad the P4P best wrestler in MMA? He's a very good wrestler but not even close to best in the UFC.

2. No matter what the circumstances are, nobody is going to admit to being unprepared when trying to sell the highest paying fight of their career. How can you think he would possibly be in top shape on 2 weeks notice? He didn't do a Johny Hendricks and gain 30 lbs but that's very different from fight shape.

3. I'm sure the body shots hurt him, but that doesn't mean Chad was in his best shape.

4. What do you have to gain from acting like Chad was in top shape? Being a fan is one thing, but taking the time to put together a video trying to disprove people who said Mendes didn't seem his best is a little creepy.

Why do people write thread titles like this? it just makes them look stupid.

good vid, we all knew what chad said beforehand, only the haters forgot, gay fucking music

If Mendes had his longest camp yet, those kicks would've still messed up his conditioning, he took them frequently and they were very accurate.

Statement of fact. Cardio doesn't give bodykick immunity.

Chad was not unconscious or out cold at all lol.

Right, because if he had went unconscious it would have been a KO and not a TKO. The majority of stoppages end without the fighter being unconscious.

The point of a TKO is to stop the fight before the fighter gets some serious damage to them.

I'm a Conor fan and as a result I'm biased towards Conor, but here's what I think...

"1. Chad gassed because he didn't have a full camp."

I think you have to take all the pre-fight quotes with a grain of salt. Fighters can't exactly say "No, I haven't had enough time to prepare for this fight". Simply, conditioning was obviously a vital element of this fight, it affected how the fight played out and how it was ended. And whether Chad was well conditioned or not, he would have been MORE conditioned had he had the full camp. Whether that would have been enough is another story.

The body shot sequence is very good. It does well to show how effective they probably were. I think they helped a lot with Chad gassing. Having said that, I still don't think they're the main cause of Chad gassing. I think it was just an adrenaline dump. He looked gassed within 1 minute of the fight. I think the moment and the hype got to him. Then the body shots just compounded that. Also, I actually just think Conor's style naturally is gonna make his opponents gas. He and the Diaz brothers' in-your-face style pushes fighters beyond their natural pace.

"2. Conor's elbows were illegal."

I agree that they weren't illegal. I don't see many people using this any more fortunately.

"3. Early stoppage."

I agree that the position Chad was in warranted a stoppage. However, position itself shouldn't be the only factor that determines whether a fight should be stopped; the time they're in that position is also important. Chad was given very little time to attempt to move and show that he still wanted in the fight. I think the 30 seconds or so on the feet, in which Conor was landing at will with Chad not offering much, contributed to Herb's decision to step in. I can accept that, though I still think it was a tad early. 2 more seconds probably would have been sufficient... if it wasn't for the fast that the round was about to end, and that's the other issue...

I think that, in theory, time remaining on the clock SHOULD factor into a stoppage. There's three reasons to stop the fight: Both fighters require their consciousness, the will, and the skill to continue. In other words, they need their senses about them, they need to want to continue, and they need to be able to offer some sort of offense to the opponent. If a fighter is out or heavily rocked for a long time, or they clearly want to stop the fight but don't want to say, or they're just clearly outmatched and outskilled, then the fight should be stopped. This relates to the clock in that a rocked fighter will have time to recover and a fighter without the will to continue could genuinely receive it through corner advice or motivation, meaning there's more reason to allow a fighter to continue near the end of the round. The problem with allowing the clock to influence a stoppage is that it requires the ref to monitor the clock; I don't know whether they're expected to do that or just keep their eyes directly on the action. I'd imagine it's the latter. If that's the case then I'm ok with there only being 3 seconds left when the fight was stopped. Like I said above though, another 2 seconds would have removed my doubts and others' doubts.

I like Conor but this is seriously creeping me out, i don't think i've ever seen anyone fanboy this hard. I guess it was inevitable we'd get the kind of creeps that cry when they meet their celebrity god and obsess over them and then stalk them. But please get help before you do something crazy

TS uses slides instead of talking in the video because Mcgregor's nuts are in his mouth.

rekt.

Forreal though TS, this is unreal. Like it's making me uncomfortable how lame this is. Conor doesn't need you to defend him

Back