Thomson is possibly the most undeserving challenger ever

With Grant injured, who else can they give it to? Maybe Melendez or dos Anjos, but Melendez has a fight coming up

so he goes from strikeforce, where he is falling apart at the seams and cant complete a training camp without injury... to fighting in the ufc and being completely healthy and shredded up and beating down nate diaz?

something is amiss

At the moment nobody in the division is more deserving behind Grant.

And...Chael Sonnen

so he goes from strikeforce, where he is falling apart at the seams and cant complete a training camp without injury... to fighting in the ufc and being completely healthy and shredded up and beating down nate diaz?

something is amiss

What are you talking about? His last two SF fights were a win over Noons and an incredibly close fight against Melendez, who many were calling the true no. 1 LW in the world at the time, that a lot of people thought he won.

He's not even remotely close to being the most undeserving.

you haven't watched much mma if you think he is the most undeserving challenger.

No, he has most definitely not. You can't even argue for anybody being more deserving outside of Grant at the moment.

If TC can, go for it

He won the last Melendez fight imo, Melendez beat Bendo imo, so.... He also kicked Nate Diaz head off, this fight is going to be a lot better than people think imo. Pettis via ud btw tbh

TS is an idiot. Thomson arguably beat Melendez in their third match (yes, I consider that fight a win for him), and he just KO'd Nate Diaz, something that's never been done before.

jon-jones-chael-sonnen.jpg

/thread

Thomson beat Melendez in their 3rd fight IMO. That plus the destruction of Diaz makes him the bet option after Grant.

Sorry TS... but their have been plenty of worse title shots in the UFC.

Sonnen, but Thomson is definitely up there

Sonnen's title shot at LHW will never be matched for ridiculousness.

This. It was admirable that Chael wanted to step up on short notice after Hendo pulled out... but to reschedule the fight for months later and keep Chael in that slot was just crazy.

Either Gus or Machida (at the time) should have moved into that title shot after Hendo pulled out and Jones refused to fight Chael on short notice.

Fuck, even Glover would have been a more worthy contender.

What are you talking about? Anderson Silva just earned a title shot by getting brutally KTFO.

I doubt Thompson has a contract that he used to make sure the UFC gives him a TS now.

I like how Thomson isn't worthy because he "lost" a fight by getting the UD win and controlled Noons on the ground for 3 rounds... and also TS, when he fought Gil back in 2008 that wasn't a "shocking" win by any means. Both Gil and Josh are still pretty evenly matched and anytime they fight it's a coin toss on who will win.

I just had the single handily most douche bag moment in the history of myself being online.

I guess Mr. Endless Critic was so upset over my above quote and butt hurt that he thought he should message me personally bashing myself and my opinion by using some betting odds for these fights... When in reality, despite what ever betting odds, every diehard MMA fan knows any Gil vs Josh fight is going to be a close fight as their skills are very evenly matched. Again, IMO, they're very evenly matched.

All I can think is that EndlessCritic is maybe 15 years old. Puberty is a bitch!!!

TS, Thompasn has a GREAT chance to win the belt against Pettis, Hes been around / fighting much longer than Pettis. i have a feeling Josh will make it a brawl, and win

Back