Thomas Hearns Vs Floyd Mayweather

high right kick

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Who takes this at 147? I say Tommy because hes just too tall and too strong for floyd, despite his questionable chin.

I like this fight. Hearns could box a bit as well as kill you. His size and power would cause Mayweather hell.

I laugh at people saying a lanky poor mans Hearns in Paul Williams could beat Floyd. But Tommy was the real deal.

Hearns KO6

floyd d12 heans, come on now...

Come on now what? Floyd would never beat Tommy Hearns, period.

This fight is a disaster at 147 for Floyd. I agree that he probably gets stopped.

I'd only put Mayweather up against the greats in his original weight class, when his dad was training him.

Hearns falls in behind his right hand all night as he can't reach floyd leaning way the fuck over and moving around. Hearns REACHED all teh time with the right which is right up Mayweather's alley as far as counter punching.

With the disparity in height this fight becomes even more defined by balance/movement/footwork and floyd easily has the edge in all. Who did Hearns fight and beat who fought like floyd and were at his level? Leonard is the closest and overall is greater than Floyd, but his willingness to drop his defense and mix it up detracted from his consistency to dominate the fight at all times.

Hearns tko 2

No contest really.

With the disparity in height this fight becomes even more defined by balance/movement/footwork and floyd easily has the edge in all. Who did Hearns fight and beat who fought like floyd and were at his level? Leonard is the closest and overall is greater than Floyd, but his willingness to drop his defense and mix it up detracted from his consistency to dominate the fight at all times.

The better question is, who has Floyd ever beatin that was even close to hearns level.

Hearns tko 2

No contest really.

o+rly__ruserious.JPG

100%.. Duran was a great defensive fighter with a beard forged in the fires of hell.. Hearns evaporated his ass.

Hearns was a great boxer when he chose to box. He used his height well. PBF would have to dive at him to land anything. If that weren't enough, he was in the top 5 pfp punchers of all time.

PBF would not stand a chance.

Hearns would have all of the natural advantages over Mayweather at 147. Not that natural advantages can't be overcome, we have seen countless smaller fighters beat larger fighters.

Hearns brings a lot to the table, outside of just being larger. He's got great power and timing. He also has a good set of boxing skills. His height and range in combination with his frightening power is tops all time.

Of course we all know what Mayweather brings to the dance; Speed, defense, and accuracy. I would even say that he is better at game planing than Hearns. Mayweather has decent pop in his punches, but his placement is what makes those punches even better.

Hearns is just to much for Floyd at 147. Floyd could possibly win rounds, but I feel he would get hit cleanly at one point and not recover...

Hearns falls in behind his right hand all night as he can't reach floyd leaning way the fuck over and moving around. Hearns REACHED all teh time with the right which is right up Mayweather's alley as far as counter punching.

Bullshit. Hearns has a 6

Floyd does not have the power to put hearns down. I doubt hed even be able to rock him at 147.

I think Hearns knocks PBF out in a bad way early. DLH had his jab+jab+right working early against PBF. That's Hearns' go to combo.

You have to impose your game on Hearns to beat him. I dont see PBF doing that. Anytime he's been faced with a power puncher, he fights the exact same way. He lays at the end of his range and looks to counter and move while counting on his superior athleticism and speed to keep him out of harms way. The problem is that Hearns has a huge range, his hand speed was rediculous, he was excellent at cutting the ring down. and (Forrest said it best) a good jab trumps speed.

I see this being a bad beating. It's irrelevent whether PBF has been beatin before. He could be 75 and 0 and I would still say the same thing. Hearns has too many advantages in this bout.

He never fought somebody with mayweather's defensive ability/speed combination. I think that it's very possible that Hearns could beat Mayweather. However, Mayweather's CONSISTENCY in sticking to his gameplan and using the advantages that he obviously DOES have (speed, defensive ability, timing, foot movement, balance) fight after fight gets him my nod in this fight more times than not, every time via decision. I can even see Mayweather getting an off-balance hearns on his ass at least once in the fight on a counter shot.

Yeah because Wilfredo Benitez was a horrible defensive fighter. SRL had no speed or defensive ability either. ..

Another flavor of the month boxing fan

Back