Thomas Almeida's Next Fight

Bels89

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
Almeida is one of my favorite fighters to watch right now, the Pickett flying knee was insane. Who do you think he gets next in the division.

Almeida-flying-knee.png

Thomas Almeida: Rank #10
20-0
15 KO's
Last 3 wins: Pickett, Jabouin, Gorman

Michael McDonald is who I want to see against Almeida - he's supposed to return by the end of the year. He is next level at #5 in the division and has had some big wins. This would be a good matchup before getting to the elite of the division.

Sterling is the best fight to make but wont happen because the UFC wont risk putting 2 of its best up and coming talents at 135 against each other. -Maybe in the future if the keep winning.

Caraway is one of the best grapplers in the division and would be a good matchup as well. He's ranked #6 and has won 3 out of his last 4 with wins over wineland and erik perez, both good strikers.

Here is the top current top 12 at 135:

Champion : TJ Dillashaw
1 Renan Barao
2 Dominick Cruz
3 Raphael Assuncao
4 Urijah Faber
5 Michael McDonald
6 Bryan Caraway
7 Aljamain Sterling
8 Takeya Mizugaki
9 Johnny Eduardo
10 Thomas Almeida
11 Eddie Wineland
12 Francisco Rivera

Last edited:
Caraway or Sterling works for me. Almeida is a true exciting up and comer.

I think Tates ranked wayyyy too high and wouldn't mind seeing Almeida knock him back down the rankings

Do Sterling vs Caraway and have Almeida vs Rivera-Lineker winner or Eduardo.

Because bantam is so awesome, i feel like almost anything will be a good answer.

Cisco/Lineker winner would be dope as a muh.

Also, seeing him smack Tate-Caraway around would be hilarious.

The BW division has too many veterans who've already fought the champ or for the title.

I say TJ/Cruz.

Sterling/Almeida for the next title shot. I know, both are far away in ranking terms but I'd MUCH rather see an undefeated, surging prospect get his shot than fucking Faber, Barao, or someone like Caraway. Breathe some new life into the division, Assuncao deserves a shot but he's perpetually injured so it's a moot point.

I dont like Sterling/Almeida I think they should be built up separately, particularly I think Sterling needs more improvement particularly in his striking. He should fight Jonny Eduardo

At this point Almedia would demolish Sterling. He needs to fight Caraway or Mc Donald

No upcoming prospect should fight Eduardo. If they lose, you have a guy who fights once every year or two get a win, and yet can't capitalize on it.

Could do Frankie Saenz or Bryan Caraway but both are really dangerous fights that could derail his hype train. Personally, I'd love to see a fight between Almeida and Alcantara or Mayday after he shakes off the ring rust.

Back