Thom Harnick's book. Anyone have it? Similar recommendations?

d3vil0ck

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score

I just ordered this, and look forward to reading it. I didn't know he had a book out this year. Has anyone on here read it, and if so, what is your feedback?

I have a collection of martial arts books, lots of MMA stuff, tons of boxing books dating back to the early 1900s... but I will say that finding books on Kickboxing, in English, that are worth reading is not easy. Same with Muay Thai (obviously). I'm not talking about technique books, but more so about the sport's history, or biographies/stories or famous fighters.

I think Petrosyan has a book out in Italy about himself now, but I dunno where to order it online. I think it's only in Italian too.

Does anyone have any recommendations on good kickboxing books? For Muay Thai, the best English book I have is called "Muay Thai - the Most Distinguished Art of Fighting".. it has a lot of technique stuff, but the first part is about how MT developed and the history of it, and I would recommend this book to anyone interested in the sport, although I don't know if I'd call it essential reading unless you are a nerd about the sport.

Thanks and if you have any links or recommendations on good reading, please post them\

PS I tried to correct the spelling of Harinck's name, but I can't go back and edit it. My phone put Harnick, so yeah.

Back