this why you need Judo

Yes Judo is useful but give me wrestling anyday. No reliance on a gi but a heavy focus on leg shots.

I liked it. The flying armbar was nice, but who was that shooting in on Hunt? That was one of the nicest singles I've ever seen.....and it came from a judoka!

Whos the guy that does the flying armbar? I can't put my finger on his name at the moment.

I liked it. The flying armbar was nice, but who was that shooting in on Hunt? That was one of the nicest singles I've ever seen.....and it came from a judoka!

the shoot was done by hidehiko yoshida

That was a cracking takedown knock out at the end!!

Nice well done highlight esp. with Kano at the end.

Yes Judo is useful but give me wrestling anyday. No reliance on a gi but a heavy focus on leg shots.

judo is the next step, peole have learned to defend the double and single now

Harai-goshis are getting very common nowadays

Being a wrestler I LOVE TAKEDOWNS!
Not all the take downs in that video were Judo or if they were wrestling has the same takedowns.
I love watching Judo. Karo Parysian is a pleasure to watch.
I'm gonna take up the art soon myself.

How does wrestling translate to Judo? Is it a help or a hinderence?

From what I've seen, its a help for both sides. They both complement each other, and you develop a really cool hybrid style.

*EDIT* BTW, does anyone know the story on that last fight? ( Where the guy gets slammed on his head/neck. ) Was that dude okay or what? If you don't want to watch whole judo vid, heres the "entire" fight ... doesn't have any information though( and embedding has been disabled )

YouTube - KO slam

Being a wrestler I LOVE TAKEDOWNS!
Not all the take downs in that video were Judo or if they were wrestling has the same takedowns.
I love watching Judo. Karo Parysian is a pleasure to watch.
I'm gonna take up the art soon myself.

How does wrestling translate to Judo? Is it a help or a hinderence?

Like any grappling art you will see similarites but go in with an open mind and learn it as a whole your attributes in wrestling will help you but dont rely on them . the best advice and they will teach is to is to stand while fighting, wrestling stance in judo WILL get you thrown.

and when you say not all take downs in the video where judo you have to remember theres only so many ways to throw/sub someone . I think it was the greek that where doing seionages/arm drags and arm locks way before anyone steped on asian ground.

Back