This Weird Diet Is Actually The Healthiest...

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by MikeMcMann, Aug 22, 2018.

1. MikeMcMann Banned Banned

This Weird Diet Is Actually The Healthiest, According To One Of The Country's Top Functional Docs

Introducing the pegan diet.

Mark Hyman, M.D., is one of the country’s top functional medicine doctors and a member of the mbg Collective (if you didn’t catch his panel on mitochondria at 2017’s revitalize, it’s a can’t-miss!). ...Ultimately, he concludes that the healthiest way to eat is a play on paleo and vegan: the pegan diet. In this excerpt, he explains exactly what that means.

The vegan diet, for example, ideally incorporates plenty of whole, plant-based foods. As a result, vegans get lots of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, and healthy fats with none of the baggage that comes with feedlot meat. ... But even a perfect vegan diet won’t provide enough DHA and EPA, which are important omega-3 fatty acids. Neither will it provide enough iron, zinc, copper, or vitamin D. Vegans are also unlikely to be getting the amount of quality proteins and essential amino acids they require, especially as they age. It’s possible to find sufficient amounts in non-animal sources, but it is incredibly challenging. But they’re definitely not getting B12 because it only comes from animal foods.

-----------

This is the diet I have been following for the last year before they defined it as a 'diet'. I used to be a die hard Meat'atarian however now my diet is almost entirely small amounts of meat or fish along with a ton of veg and nuts and seeds. Very little to no carbs, no sugars that are not natural. I have certainly noticed and feel a difference in my energy and health levels.

2. SammyPops Gold Belt

Dat pasta.

3. Pliny Pete Puts Butts In Seats

Isnt that just Atkins?

4. Stranger Come Knocking Red Belt

I pretty much eat paleo plus dairy and have never felt better in my life. Have been for years.

To be more correct, I'd say I eat this way 90 percent of the time as I still like pasta and burger + fries, sweets and cake and shit from time to time. I consider them more to be treats though rather than part of my regular eating habits.

5. Clippy Do I amaze you?

This sounds like a good diet, I approve

6. MikeMcMann Banned Banned

Same for me. I will eat anything that catches my eye when I am out in a restaurant. I still tend to eat healthier but carbs and what is ever the restaurant specialties will be on my list including desserts.
    It is when I am home, which is 90% of my meals that I eat this way.

Awesome.

Ok we are getting Clippy on this diet right awy. no more gummie bears, no more junk chocolate, no more snackie junk foods. We are going to health Clippy up in a way that will make @Clippys Mom proud of her little splinter'ling.

7. Plutoburn Alpha booze head

My understanding about diet now is that caring about what you eat and what it will do to your body is the single most helpful thing because our body is a very complex system and everybody is not exactly made the same. So no one magical diet is going to be the best for everyone. The fact that you care and is willing to take the time/effort to do trial and error to see how your body respond is the best thing you can do for yourself as far as diet goes.

8. Headkicktoleg Titanium Belt

I came into this thread thinking it's probably pescotarian and yup, pretty much.

9. Beechwood Purple Belt

Might be. If the diet works for you, makes you feel better, that's all that matters.

10. Tycho Brah You drink water, I drink anarchy Platinum Member

At least post the actual diet ya cracker. It's not weird at all but the gluten, GMO, and dairy alarmism is pretty yawn.

11. MikeMcMann Banned Banned

I typically looked at my diet as mostly pescotarian but in fact I do avoid carbs which means I am closer to this Pegan Diet.

12. INTERL0PER Brown Belt

Seems pretty sensible.

It's basically how I tend to eat; lots of veggies, quite a bit of fruit, some nuts and seeds, occasionally some good quality meat. Quality over quantity in everything. Avoiding processed foods as much as possible.

Then occasionally pig out on junk to keep myself sane.

13. Wet Blanket Cultural globalist yt from Canada.

Well, for starters... the B12 thing is wrong.

There are lots of vegan foods fortified with B12. Most non dairy "milks", nutritional yeast, etc...

14. milliniar Who needs a belt?

Limit processed foods is the best diet. Make as many meals as possible from scratch.
    Buy fresh made local bread and pasta if possible, to have those.

15. Clippys Mom Banned Banned

And who might I ask is paying?
    [​IMG]

He already cuts into my beer and smokes with his noodle and ketchup diet.
    [​IMG]

Alright Mr Mom...have at er.
    [​IMG]

16. Clippys Mom Banned Banned

17. ROKKO Green Belt

@TidWell

Yo this cat is stealing your gimmick. I mean you might post other threads not diet related but I'm sure you don't.

18. ssBaldy Russian belt

I thought pegan diet was about pegging. Leaving disappointed.

19. Estemachine Gold Belt

My eating habits I call it "flexible eating" (not diet,I don't like that word) is basically most of my carbs from fruit, sweet potatoes, and if I happen to eat pasta it has to be made out of black beans or some other protein resource, the meat I buy is either grass fed, wild caught, organic and free range (no hormones, no antibiotics, etc.) I try to eat high in proteins, medium in fat, and low on carbs; That's about 80% of my diet, the other 20% whatever the hell I want.

20. MikeMcMann Banned Banned

[​IMG]