This was WAY worse than Rousey vs Holm

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by NRG, Dec 31, 2016.

1. NRG

NRG Banned Banned

Everybody was right, Ronda shouldn't have come back. But she did, maybe to prove it to herself and it's better than staying home with Travis not knowing what would happen, not to mention the $3 million.

How many punches she threw? Three? That was sad...

I'll always be a fan of hers because of all the work she did when she came here to fight Bethe.

Hats off to Amanda for a perfect performance and to the people who thought this would happen.

2. Luger

Luger Rabbi of Platinum Nation Banned

To be honest, I thought she would stick to the basics and rush in for a takedown.
    I guess I underestimated Edmond's work

NRG, ako2k7, DanMMAleague and 13 others like this.
  3. Nelly

Nelly Black Belt

Ronda isn't known for double or single legs. She only gets TDs through the clinch and Amanda didn't give her the opportunity.

4. Irishwhiskey119

Irishwhiskey119 Banned Banned

I'll take an ass kicking for 3 million any day.

5. KORMAN

KORMAN DC - Khabib - Dominator

Why shouldn't she have come back? She's a fighter, and fighters lose, and come back improved.

And lmao at blaming Edmond, and sharing how she should've gone full Judo mode. That's how she fights, and that's how she enters. When she's fighting girls with the fast twitch muscle fibers of a 12 year old boy, it's a ton easier to just rush in, and get in the clinch.

When you actually have to fight smart, try and avoid shots from a killer with athletecism, and have no answer for her strikes, that's what happens. I said it before, she doesn't have the burst TDs of a Miesha or Sara macmann. She has to fight like this. How many times have we seen her get tagged before she gets the clinch? Almost every fight where her opponent isn't a complete soccer mom with no athletecism.

Now she's fighting the chicks I said would beat her, and for the reasons I said above. I Called Nunes being the dark horse of the division, and being one of the females that would embarass and finish Ronda.

6. Yukarin

Yukarin Banned Banned

This has to be worse for her personally. At least the Holm loss she could brush up to a bunch of excuses like "I did too much media, was fat and out of shape, didn't care". Now she was BACK and still got flattened at will. That fight would have gone that way 100 times out of a 100. All that hype about her world class skills was for naught, and she was just a big fish in a tiny, shallow pond.

Kingofthestreets and Swarthy like this.
  7. Squarechoke

Squarechoke Gold Belt

You're ignoring that it was obvious that her TD style didn't work against Holm either, so you would hope that her camp got her to train on new things. Ronda isn't that old in the game, she should still be developing from fight to fight, and not only with her hands (which haven't developed that well). I certainly blame Edmond for a part of that lack.

Of course she got rocked pretty quickly so it's not impossible that she had other things in her plan and just got out of it, and that Nunes is just better regardless of which camp Ronda would have been in, but I don't think Edmond shows any good things regarding Ronda in neither her technical development nor from anything I've heard him say about her.

8. Kyler Ruxin

Kyler Ruxin Pabst Powered Fuck Machine

The fight was worse for sure, but I think she'll handle it better. She really thought she was invincible going into the Holm fight, at least this time around she should be less surprised.

9. Future GOAT

Future GOAT McGOAT

It's not like this was a surprise, with all the new more well rounded talent coming in to WMMA, how far could someone really get when you punch like an uncoordinated infant, kick like an 80 year old woman with a granny diaper full of feces, and can't move your head except for when you throw a punch and your own shoulder hits it....

kiikk3, Swarthy and glennrod like this.
  10. NRG

NRG Banned Banned

She did not improve.

Maybe another time.

Rvd Slmr likes this.
  11. FedorRoks

FedorRoks Black Belt

It definitely was much worse.

Ronda had nothing for Nunes. Zero.

It was like a tank against a Pinto.

12. Ramon Antonio

Ramon Antonio Black Belt

Nah it was better for her. She didn't do any promotion, she had to do less work in the cage, and she didn't even get KTFO.

13. KORMAN

True. or the love of God, no more, Ronda, please.

NRG likes this.
  14. Dream Evil

Dream Evil Purple Belt

She has bad knees; she probably can't shoot for takedowns.

15. Crutchley29

Crutchley29 Purple Belt

He's a boxing coach, who under several years of tutelage has failed to teach Rousey even the most basic of fundamentals, her footwork, her head movement, her defence; all appalling.

EGarrett and Swarthy like this.
  16. KORMAN

Re read what you just wrote. The most BASIC fundamentals. That's not a trsiner problem, that's a fighter problem. There's no way on this earth that a pro fighter that's been with a BOXING trianer for this long, doesn't even understand, or utilize the BASICS, unless they're a lost cause, and just completely can't get even the basics down.

So, what good would a coach like Javier Mendez do for her? She can't even get the BASICS down, how fast would he give up on her if she can't even get the BASICS down?

What, would Eddie Futch turn her into the next Beranard Hopkins?

Use some common sense.

17. MCS

MCS Gold Belt

This was a blowout, the Holly fight was slowly picking her apart. The difference is Nunes' power. Ronda can take shots from most since they lack power, but her lack of defense shows against such a power puncher who also throws combinations.

But the same thing went on as in the Holly fight. Once she takes a power shot and clearly shouldn't stand there she has no clue what to do. That is Edmond's fault.

18. HUNTERMANIA

HUNTERMANIA Always Striving. Platinum Member

Not a Ronda fan but Edmond has other fighters who get whooped and don't look as good after training under him. I don't think the problem is primarily Ronda.

Swarthy likes this.
  19. Martinezzz

Martinezzz Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

She was worse than CM Punk

Deleted member 502383 likes this.
  20. PivotPunch

PivotPunch Red Belt

Ronda only has clinch TDs and Nunes threw her away the second they made contact. She had no chance in hell if they fight 100 times she loses 99 times.

Fuck Edmond.

She can't block punches she has never even learned the basics of putting her guard up and blocking let alone headmovement or something like that. Her head wa sup in the air and her boxing was pure shit.
    This is the guy who claimed she dropped boxing champs in sparring. There are female hobby boxers at every bigger boxing gym that would whipe the floor with her.

That she stayed with him was a joke. If she plans on ever fighting again she has to go to Kings MMA or a camp like that or she's fucked. The way she lost was also horrible and it might hurt her career outside the cage as well. As an actor she's typecasted and so far hasn't shown the ability to play anything else but it's much harder to justify her role as a badass witht he way her career is going.
    I hope she does well whatever she does next but wow that performance was bad