This was my first Connor fight.

frye666

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I can see why there is some serious hype. Fun guy to watch.

The other thing I noticed is his speed. He throws like lightning sometimes. I dunno if I have seen anyone in MMA as fast with a strike. I don't know if he can beat Aldo or not, but it would not surprise me.

He is quick... but in bursts. Some punches are noticably slower than others. Kicks are quick though.

Definitely fun to watch, talented striker. Not enough to beat Aldo, however.

If you spliced Jon Hess, Cabbage, and Woody Allen you'd get Conor McGregor. The guy is awesome! He's like Andy Wang v.2.0.

Well, speed is power. I just dunno about the goat talk. He did get clipped pretty good a couple times. But he walked through it like nothing. He is either going to get stopped, or go on a run like Silva. Just dominating. I can't see a decision coming anytime soon.

Well, speed is power. I just dunno about the goat talk. He did get clipped pretty good a couple times. But he walked through it like nothing. He is either going to get stopped, or go on a run like Silva. Just dominating. I can't see a decision coming anytime soon.

Now all those flyweight knockouts are starting to make sense. Thanks!

He mixed up the speed of his shots nicely. Kinda reminded me of Diaz a bit. I dont know why he kept trying that spinning heal kick though, he definitely didn't look invincible though. I think Aldo and Mendes and Edgar would all beat him.

I remember my first Conor fight... the feeling... man... I envy you.

all conor bless jokes aside it was first time tuning in live for me too and he was definitely impressive. no i doubt in my mind he deserves a title shot with that win and those views. You could send him up against another top 10 but whats the point really? he's got the hype to get the views and skills to compete at that level at the absolute least.

He's a good fighter, but his best asset is pressure. He has good hands, unimpressive head movement, decent defense, and good kicks. He has good movement and he's fast, but he hasn't shown anything to make me think he'd beat Aldo.

The revamped Mendes was a bigger threat to Aldo than Conor, imo.

McGoat is the most exciting fighter to watch. Unfortunately I think Aldo takes him.

Now all those flyweight knockouts are starting to make sense. Thanks!

I kind of sense sarcasm here but flyweights do get a lot of KOs and that is why. Well, speed + the fact that flyweights are probably easier to KO than heavier guys. If you're not being sarcastic, then good observation; if you are, then it's pretty funny that you sarcastically said something true

Anybody else seem to think he headhunts a little bit?...that left kick to the body was open pretty much the entire night, as soon as i could tell Siver chin was holding up well i wouldve went straight after that

Conor threw a couple punches to the body against the cage but he really needs to implement more of a mixture with body attacks

Climb the ladder so to speak...he either goes low or high

Back